What is Your "Dream Job?"

Having a disability can make finding a job and holding a job hard or impossible. This forum is for discussion of work and finding a job and holding that job.
IKnowICan
Disabilities: I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome when I was 8 years old. Although I soak up information better than the average person, I'm not very social -- and I do things that (according to my parents) aren't very normal. I can write my thoughts, but can't talk to people very well. I guess it's cool that I'm here then. My parents are even here to help me out.

Re: What is Your "Dream Job?"

Postby IKnowICan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:40 am

CelticRose wrote:My dream job is anything where I get to play on a computer and mess around with data all day and nobody bothers me. Yeah, I live in a dream world. :lol:

That seems like a dream job to me. LOL! Unfortunately, I can't find a job that can entrust me to take people's cash at a register. :( The economy is bad and it seems like they're trying not to hire anyone that has disabilities. I've been trying for months now just to get a part time job and no one's called me back. My parents have even tried talking to the managers. Cut-backs. *sigh* :(
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.
Oprah Winfrey
I also want someone to pick me up after I've yelled "I've Fallen and I can't get up"

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:28 pm

IKnowICan wrote:
CelticRose wrote:My dream job is anything where I get to play on a computer and mess around with data all day and nobody bothers me. Yeah, I live in a dream world. :lol:

That seems like a dream job to me. LOL! Unfortunately, I can't find a job that can entrust me to take people's cash at a register. :( The economy is bad and it seems like they're trying not to hire anyone that has disabilities. I've been trying for months now just to get a part time job and no one's called me back. My parents have even tried talking to the managers. Cut-backs. *sigh* :(

dammn
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

CelticRose
Disabilities: rheumatoid arthritis

Postby CelticRose » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:33 pm

IKnowICan wrote:

Everybody's going through that right now, disabled or not. Hang in there; things will get better eventually.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/

pakrat
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Dysthymia, Avoidant Personality.

Postby pakrat » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:41 am

Yes, unfortunately at present, employers can pick and choose because so many are looking for work.

makuranososhi
Site Admin
Disabilities: ASD - Asperger's Syndrome (comorbids; insomnia, severe depression, loose joints, environmental sensitivities, GI issues)

Postby makuranososhi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Commissioned composer.
M.

He thrusts his fists against the posts, but still insists he sees the ghosts.
From my heart and from my hand, why can't people understand my intentions?
Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.
http://autisocial.freeforums.org

AnonymousAnonymous
Disabilities: Aspergers Syndrome, Epilepsy, and possible OCD.

Postby AnonymousAnonymous » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:36 pm

alin0s wrote:blood pressure cuff tester

:lol: :lol:

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:43 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
alin0s wrote:blood pressure cuff tester

:lol: :lol:

LOL :) Id love it :D
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Return to “Work and finding a Job”