do you have multiple sclerosis?

This forum is here to discuss multiple sclerosis and different ways of coping with it.
deathchibi

do you have multiple sclerosis?

Postby deathchibi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:10 am

if you do have it how does it effect your life and how sever is it?
:bounce:

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: do you have multiple sclerosis?

Postby alin0s » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Nope, I don't think I have it or they would have been able to diagnose it by now.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Phagocyte
Disabilities: I have no disabilities, but I hold a strong interest in neurological conditions and disorders.

Postby Phagocyte » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:46 pm

No, but I am fascinated by it and I know three people with the disease, each of varying intensity. My aunt has MS, and lives an almost completely normal life except for an occasional attack where she went partially numb (but has since recovered). My art teacher also has MS, and is somewhat physically inhibited; she sometimes has an attack and always has to walk with a cane. However, my friend's mom has the disease as well, and over the course of about ten years from its onset she has been rendered almost completely disabled; bedridden and almost paralyzed.

It is a rich and interesting field of study. Modern neuroscience theorizes that it is an autoimmune disease where a certain type of immune cell, a T cell, turns against the body and starts destroying the part of a neuron that helps it fire (a type of sheathing called myelin). Though treatments along the lines of cell transplants (from stem cells to a type of neuron-support cell called schwann cells) are looking hopeful, curing the disease seems somewhat enigmatic.
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science."

-Albert Einstein

RCM

Postby RCM » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 am

I don't have it, but my ex girlfriends dad has it.

Candice

Postby Candice » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:16 am

I don't know anyone with MS.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:58 pm

One of my caretakers has minor MS but she quit a few months back since it was getting bad. She walked with a cane and spilled coffee all the time.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Return to “Multiple Sclerosis”