GF help

Finding love and dates is hard with disabilities, this forum can be used to find help in discussing relationships and romance.
alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: GF help

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 10:40 pm

RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:You should go bug her parents to let you have her back...:D

Tried that. Its been under a year, I lost her June 14th of last year, I remember that date so vividly since it put me into a chain of 10 grand mal seizures. Maybe I will try beginning of next year. Maybe they will have forgotten by then. :?:

Wow, so it would seem your seizures are caused by stress... :?

Some are caused by stress. Others just happen. Hence I have Seizures-NOS (Not Otherwise Specified) as my diagnosis.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

RCM

Postby RCM » Tue May 20, 2008 12:40 am

Yeah, that would pretty much explain it, anyway I know someone else that has CP and his seizures can be bad sometimes, and he's my co-worker too :)

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Tue May 20, 2008 12:44 am

RCM wrote:Yeah, that would pretty much explain it, anyway I know someone else that has CP and his seizures can be bad sometimes, and he's my co-worker too :)

What kind does he have. I have Myoclonic, Clonic, and Grand Mal. Which there's nothing grand about a grand mal. I don't get why they call it a grand mal when there's nothing grand about it.

RCM

Postby RCM » Tue May 20, 2008 12:59 am

He has all types! unfortunately, he's on meds to control it though which is a good thing!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Tue May 20, 2008 12:30 pm

RCM wrote:He has all types! unfortunately, he's on meds to control it though which is a good thing!

Problem with mine is they can't be controlled by medication. However minimizing stress (not easy with a degenerative disease) does tend to help for certain seizures. but I still have at least one seizure a day usually while I am sleeping

RCM

Postby RCM » Wed May 21, 2008 8:26 pm

Does it wake you up at all?

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed May 21, 2008 9:56 pm

RCM wrote:Does it wake you up at all?

Most of the time it does. Sometimes I am lucky and it does not. But most of the time I will wake up from it.

RCM

Postby RCM » Wed May 21, 2008 10:50 pm

That stinks! I have very poor motor control in most of my body, so I'm kinda clumsy, and can't hold things right, but I can type really fast! :D

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed May 21, 2008 10:52 pm

RCM wrote:That stinks! I have very poor motor control in most of my body, so I'm kinda clumsy, and can't hold things right, but I can type really fast! :D

i have extremely poor motor control. I can type very fast too.

RCM

Postby RCM » Wed May 21, 2008 10:55 pm

alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:That stinks! I have very poor motor control in most of my body, so I'm kinda clumsy, and can't hold things right, but I can type really fast! :D

I can write, it just looks bad, and not many people can read it! How about you?

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed May 21, 2008 10:58 pm

RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:

I can write, it just looks bad, and not many people can read it! How about you?

I cannot write at all. I had to get special permissions from my bank for when endorsing checks to use a special stamp or just endorse with my initials which take up the entire f#cking endorsement area.

RCM

Postby RCM » Wed May 21, 2008 11:05 pm

Yeah, when I was in High School I had to get special permission to use my laptop in class, and one of my teachers even after seeing the paper that said I needed it in order to take notes, she still said, write it by hand. I told my counselor about it, and we had a little meeting with that particular teacher, and I got to use it, and everyone else asked why I couldn't write everything down by hand, we had a class discussion about it, and that was when everyone in that class found out I couldn't write very well.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed May 21, 2008 11:08 pm

RCM wrote:Yeah, when I was in High School I had to get special permission to use my laptop in class, and one of my teachers even after seeing the paper that said I needed it in order to take notes, she still said, write it by hand. I told my counselor about it, and we had a little meeting with that particular teacher, and I got to use it, and everyone else asked why I couldn't write everything down by hand, we had a class discussion about it, and that was when everyone in that class found out I couldn't write very well.

I use my laptop for EVERYTHING. I no longer allow people to pay me by check for ANYTHING even gifts. Everything must be done through my Paypal account. I can charge their card if they wish. I love charging cards. Its fun :D

RCM

Postby RCM » Wed May 21, 2008 11:14 pm

Sounds like fun! but I'm afraid of going overboard with a card lol

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed May 21, 2008 11:19 pm

RCM wrote:Sounds like fun! but I'm afraid of going overboard with a card lol

Well I don't have my own charge yet. But I am sure that when I move out I might get a small one to make life a little easier and spread out payments. One with low interest and low limit.

Return to “Love and Dating”