Jungle Gym as Affection???

Finding love and dates is hard with disabilities, this forum can be used to find help in discussing relationships and romance.
age1600
Disabilities: Classic Autism

Tourettes

And...

...so much more that the world has labelled me with but its not going to stop me from living life to the fullest heheh :)

Jungle Gym as Affection???

Postby age1600 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:11 pm

So I've been using my neurotypical boyfriend as a jungle gym haha :lol: , just walking all over him, jumping up and down on him, biting him lol, sitting on him then sliding down like it was a slide lol, running and jumping on him, randomly climbing all over him, he doesnt care, he just loves that im actually giving him affection lol :P , but I feel that this is wrong, does anybody have an idea on how to help me from using my boyfriend as a jungle gym? or whats your ideas on it? I mean hes happy that i'm actually showing him some kind of affection, and doesn't care, i dont hurt him at all, but i feel like maybe i should treat him more like a human, idk, any ideas? :boogie:
Ticing, stimming, chica from da jersey shore!

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all- Mulan :)

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Jungle Gym as Affection???

Postby alin0s » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:26 pm

age1600 wrote:So I've been using my neurotypical boyfriend as a jungle gym haha :lol: , just walking all over him, jumping up and down on him, biting him lol, sitting on him then sliding down like it was a slide lol, running and jumping on him, randomly climbing all over him, he doesnt care, he just loves that im actually giving him affection lol :P , but I feel that this is wrong, does anybody have an idea on how to help me from using my boyfriend as a jungle gym? or whats your ideas on it? I mean hes happy that i'm actually showing him some kind of affection, and doesn't care, i dont hurt him at all, but i feel like maybe i should treat him more like a human, idk, any ideas? :boogie:

I don't know why, but I was :lol: through this whole post. Personally in my opinion if he does not mind it then who cares. No need to change to look normal. Hey it could be a lot worse. And if anyone tries to say anything to you tell them to shove it!

Ideas to prevent this act, hmm. Well why are you doing it in the first place? Is it a sensory type thing?

There are a lot of different variables that cause you to do certain actions. If you are really worried and really want to stop it go see a psychologist and explain it to them and they will give you ideas as to why it is occuring and how to stop it.

But in the end, if your boyfriend has no problem with it, why change...
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

age1600

Tourettes

And...

...so much more that the world has labelled me with but its not going to stop me from living life to the fullest heheh :)

Postby age1600 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:38 pm

alin0s wrote:
age1600 wrote:So I've been using my neurotypical boyfriend as a jungle gym haha :lol: , just walking all over him, jumping up and down on him, biting him lol, sitting on him then sliding down like it was a slide lol, running and jumping on him, randomly climbing all over him, he doesnt care, he just loves that im actually giving him affection lol :P , but I feel that this is wrong, does anybody have an idea on how to help me from using my boyfriend as a jungle gym? or whats your ideas on it? I mean hes happy that i'm actually showing him some kind of affection, and doesn't care, i dont hurt him at all, but i feel like maybe i should treat him more like a human, idk, any ideas? :boogie:

I don't know why, but I was :lol: through this whole post. Personally in my opinion if he does not mind it then who cares. No need to change to look normal. Hey it could be a lot worse. And if anyone tries to say anything to you tell them to shove it!

Ideas to prevent this act, hmm. Well why are you doing it in the first place? Is it a sensory type thing?

There are a lot of different variables that cause you to do certain actions. If you are really worried and really want to stop it go see a psychologist and explain it to them and they will give you ideas as to why it is occuring and how to stop it.

Yea haha, it is funny, yea thats what i say, im with this with every guy, i dont know how to be affectionate at all, unless i act like im a baby haha. I dont know what it is, i guess if its not harming him and he likes it, then i guess it doesnt matter, thanks alin :) !

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all- Mulan :)

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:05 pm

age1600 wrote:
alin0s wrote:

Yea haha, it is funny, yea thats what i say, im with this with every guy, i dont know how to be affectionate at all, unless i act like im a baby haha. I dont know what it is, i guess if its not harming him and he likes it, then i guess it doesnt matter, thanks alin :) !

The not knowing how to be affectionate on a proper adult level is an autism thing, I have it too. I don't get the purpose of verbal affection at all! I barely ever did any type of verbal affection with my old girlfriend. When I was affectionate, which was 99.99% of the entire time's I would spend with her I would just let her hold me and hold her, thats how my view of affection looked. The parent's sure as hell didn't like it, they thought it was too touchy feely huggy kissy. But thats judgemental neurotypical's for you! I am glad your boyfriend is understanding of you. Of course my old girlfriend was understanding, her parent's are what the problem was.

age1600

Tourettes

And...

Postby age1600 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm

alin0s wrote:
age1600 wrote:
alin0s wrote:

The not knowing how to be affectionate on a proper adult level is an autism thing, I have it too. I don't get the purpose of verbal affection at all! I barely ever did any type of verbal affection with my old girlfriend. When I was affectionate, which was 99.99% of the entire time's I would spend with her I would just let her hold me and hold her, thats how my view of affection looked. The parent's sure as hell didn't like it, they thought it was too touchy feely huggy kissy. But thats judgemental neurotypical's for you! I am glad your boyfriend is understanding of you. Of course my old girlfriend was understanding, her parent's are what the problem was.

I'm sorry about your girlfriends parents, it really does suck! Yea i'm happy my nt bf understands that i'm a toddler inside haha, its funny the other day i was obsessing over closing the door, and loved hearing it squeak, and kept giggling so he layed down next to me to do it with me just to hear me giggle haha. Anyways thanks for the advice of just letting it be, like i always say if it aint a bother then let it be, wait that made no sense lol, and wait i dont always say that lol, oh well, tried to look wise, but it aint working lol!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:21 pm

age1600 wrote:
alin0s wrote:
age1600 wrote:
alin0s wrote:

I'm sorry about your girlfriends parents, it really does suck! Yea i'm happy my nt bf understands that i'm a toddler inside haha, its funny the other day i was obsessing over closing the door, and loved hearing it squeak, and kept giggling so he layed down next to me to do it with me just to hear me giggle haha. Anyways thanks for the advice of just letting it be, like i always say if it aint a bother then let it be, wait that made no sense lol, and wait i dont always say that lol, oh well, tried to look wise, but it aint working lol!

Heh, that's pretty odd. Sometimes I'll idly keep hitting the eject key on my MacBook Pro just to hear the ejection mechanisms... And actually about that "if it aint a bother then let it be" If you ask me it sounds pretty damn wise!

eScential
Disabilities: Asperger's Autism

Postby eScential » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:22 pm

I didn't find it funny as i do this too and it is serious. My first mate would not allow my immature playing and barely made it to non revoke day on his citizenship. Everyone but me know what he was doing. Took me 20 years to come around to thinking they knew what they were seeing. My current mate was attracted to this quality in me, but has tired of it. He yells all the time and I have not playmate to relieve my stress with.

i guess I was using him pretty sure he was using me too and think everyone should be honest that they all use everyone.

The questions are: 'is it malicious?' and 'is it two way relationship?' I know you would never do anyting to harm another person intentionally. The other is tougher.

Is he getting more than entertainment? If not, he could be bored later or try to change you. Is he or could he be more than a playmate? Do you share intellectually? If you help him de-stress and bring out his inner child, distract from a tough day. . . something, It could work. It has taken me 20 years with current mate to realize I have stayed in what is often distressing to abusive relationship only because I don't like change. I have been insensitive to his distress. He feels I caused his alcoholism and wasted his life. My first mate was a taker and I was content to receive this time around no matter what else was going on. I knew better than to get married again, but he was so insistant he loved and desired to care for me. I forced him to get legal to see if he would leave, made him sign a document that he understood certain points like what I would never do, then gave in. He thought what I tried to communicate was a joke and never can understand even the sacrifice I make to share space with another person.

Sorry if not what you were asking. I wanted to give a possible future view of what can happen. I really want my playmate back, but don't plan to even risk playing again. I was selfish, though not saying all my fault. I would recommend searching for an aspie/autie mate where you share a thought pattern and have honesty as a common basis. I know that is not possible for men, but they also can find, with effort, a mate who can learn to tolerate if she values the autistic talents and honesty. (most NT women are lying when they claim to want honesty)
KarmanElektrik
ASD

Return to “Love and Dating”