This is a Dumb Question....

Finding love and dates is hard with disabilities, this forum can be used to find help in discussing relationships and romance.
MissConstrue
Disabilities: Seizures, Aspergers, and Major Depression Disorder.

This is a Dumb Question....

Postby MissConstrue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:27 am

But does the word date bring on feelings of tention and anxiety like there's no way you could go for it and find yourself sometimes abandoning the plan?

Or is it just me? :?

An embarassing question that I've never stopped asking myself or in any other public forum or site...
Oh you can't help that. We're all mad here.
__Cheshire the Cat

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: This is a Dumb Question....

Postby alin0s » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:11 pm

MissConstrue wrote:But does the word date bring on feelings of tention and anxiety like there's no way you could go for it and find yourself sometimes abandoning the plan?

Or is it just me? :?

An embarassing question that I've never stopped asking myself or in any other public forum or site...

It does not bring much to me, all I ask is we make an itinerary and follow the itinerary religiously!
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

MissConstrue

Postby MissConstrue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:53 pm

Hahaha...itinerary. I've never heard that one, I'll have to remember it.
__Cheshire the Cat

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:20 pm

MissConstrue wrote:Hahaha...itinerary. I've never heard that one, I'll have to remember it.

Having one made really prevents "date failure" because you always know what you need to do and where you need to be.

Mind you this only covers locations and events and things you must do.

RCM

Postby RCM » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:10 pm

I've dated lots of girls and didn't like a lot of them, except for ONE! who I am with now! ;)

BTW, there is no such thing as a dumb question here!

MissConstrue

Postby MissConstrue » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:29 pm

^Cool, I guess it just goes to show you, you got take the chances somewhere in life. I'm always afraid I'll do something stupid or feel commited into something I don't want to be commited or....du du du...REJECTION!! :embarrassed:

Part of the reason why I guess I stay away from dating sites or take them serious.

BTW, good site to ask this, other sites act like I shouldn't feel that way or there's something wrong with me.
__Cheshire the Cat

Greyhound
Disabilities: Neurologically dodgy!

Tourette syndrome with other general neurological abnormalities, including:
CAPD traits
Mild Asperger syndrome traits/NVLD/social-emotional processing difficulties/dyssemia
Tactile issues
Irritability (used to have rages)
Distractibility
Absent mindedness manifesting itself as short term/working memory problems
Organisational problems
Possible Harry Benjamin syndrome/dysmorphia
Hypodipsia
Synesthesia (associated type)?

All very mild though - just some dodgy circuitry!

Postby Greyhound » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Mmmm dates...
Neurologically dodgy!

MissConstrue

Postby MissConstrue » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:46 pm

:lol:
__Cheshire the Cat

Greyhound

CAPD traits
Mild Asperger syndrome traits/NVLD/social-emotional processing difficulties/dyssemia
Tactile issues
Distractibility
Organisational problems
Hypodipsia

Postby Greyhound » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:01 pm

That really is what the word 'date' makes me think of and feel. I can almost taste them!

But if I think of 'dating' I don't feel much but I think of a dinner table in a resaurant with a man feeding a woman something which is stupid because a woman can feed herself (no, not a feminist, I just think dating and things is silly).

I've never dated. I don't think I'm capable of getting that close to someone physically or sexually.

Going further...nakedness is a turnoff which means failure in a sexual relationship :?

Sorry if I've gone completely off-topic or something :lol:
Neurologically dodgy!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Greyhound wrote:That really is what the word 'date' makes me think of and feel. I can almost taste them!

But if I think of 'dating' I don't feel much but I think of a dinner table in a resaurant with a man feeding a woman something which is stupid because a woman can feed herself (no, not a feminist, I just think dating and things is silly).

I've never dated. I don't think I'm capable of getting that close to someone physically or sexually.

Going further...nakedness is a turnoff which means failure in a sexual relationship :?

I have never "Dated" either. When i got my old girlfriend it just got straight to her house. I don't know how to deal with social places.

And to me, nudity is just un-necessary. I don't mind topless, but I can't stand to see the pubic area on either sex. Don't mind legs and upper body. But please, no pubic area.

Thusly I am asexual.

Greyhound

CAPD traits
Tactile issues
Distractibility
Organisational problems
Hypodipsia

Postby Greyhound » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:49 pm

alin0s wrote:
Greyhound wrote:That really is what the word 'date' makes me think of and feel. I can almost taste them!

I have never "Dated" either. When i got my old girlfriend it just got straight to her house. I don't know how to deal with social places.

And to me, nudity is just un-necessary. I don't mind topless, but I can't stand to see the pubic area on either sex. Don't mind legs and upper body. But please, no pubic area.

Thusly I am asexual.

Upper body's okay, but it's still a bit of a turn-off. When I fancied people in films/in old TV programmes (no TV, only have DVDs (sorry not relevant lol)), if they started taking their tops off, I always thought 'yay', but then it'd be a turn-off.

Anyway, now I don't seem to fancy any people at all any more.
Neurologically dodgy!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:52 pm

I much prefer a person to keep their clothes on. Especially if it is made of a nice material I like.

Now if we want to create a thread for discussing nudity then lets do it, lets not continue this threadjacking.

Greyhound

CAPD traits
Tactile issues
Distractibility
Organisational problems
Hypodipsia

Postby Greyhound » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:58 pm

Sorry for the hijack.
Neurologically dodgy!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:01 pm

Greyhound wrote:Sorry for the hijack.

No problem. I don't mind it. Lets make our own thread for discussing this topic. I know it is a useful topic!

MissConstrue

Postby MissConstrue » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:06 pm

Well it's a must for them to keep their clothes on not real into nudity depending. I had one guy...kinda graphic who wanted to get right to it and that was it for me...it turned me off for some strange reason and you'd think that was suppose to be a turn-on for some people.

Sometimes I'm scared that same situation might pop up and I can never tell if it's because of my AS or not. It's confusing because I hear people say that if a girl doesn't want to get into than she's not interested...which just isn't true in my case. So I think I give up on dating maybe just go out or something without it meaning anything that deep.
__Cheshire the Cat

Return to “Love and Dating”