Great News!

This forum is here to discuss psychological disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, psychotic disorder, and other psychological disorders and and different ways of coping with them.

Candice

Great News!

Postby Candice » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:20 am

I have good news as you might know a psychiatrist said i had schizophrenia and they gave me an injection to calm me down. My new psychiatrist doesnt think i am schziphrenic at all. He thinks i have bpd which is Borderline Personality Disorder so that is really good news i think.

alin0s
    Site Admin
    Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Great News!

Postby alin0s » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:22 am

Yes, being Schizophrenic can sometimes cause problems in getting a job and or other legal issues. A lot of people have had problems with being declared incompetent and then are unable to fight and usually wind up placed in institutions or jail.
    check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Candice

Postby Candice » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:32 am

Yes and 10% of people with schizphrenia committ suicide or of those with more severe schizophrenia.
    I havnt even looked up what borderline personality is and I am not going to eithier. They can shove thier opinions and like my psychologist said 'your an enigma' whatever that means.
    I am sick of em all and sick of thier different opinions. They think they know everything and I know me more than they know me and I am not a guiniee pig! and so i been trying to get hold of my case manager and tell her I am not mentally ill and I am not coming to any more appointments. I feel like I hate them saying something wrong with my personality!

alin0s
    Site Admin
    Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:50 am

Candice wrote:Yes and 10% of people with schizphrenia committ suicide or of those with more severe schizophrenia.
    I havnt even looked up what borderline personality is and I am not going to eithier. They can shove thier opinions and like my psychologist said 'your an enigma' whatever that means.
    I am sick of em all and sick of thier different opinions. They think they know everything and I know me more than they know me and I am not a guiniee pig! and so i been trying to get hold of my case manager and tell her I am not mentally ill and I am not coming to any more appointments. I feel like I hate them saying something wrong with my personality!

Psychiatry is nothing but legalized drug dealers, that's what i think of it. If you feel you don't need it then don't go. But I do suggest having a counselor available on call. Counseling is a very useful resource. Drugs are saved for patients who are at risk of endangering self or others.
    check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Candice

Postby Candice » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Thanks for your feedback but I am over it now. I am just as smart as them psychiatrists, psychologist, social and mental health workers and if they treat me like I am not in some way I just demand respect I tell what I think and I am not stupid and if that doesnt put them in thier place. I am just not listening and I am not engaging conversation until they stop talking thier crap to me and I hate sometimes how they try to lead the conversation and saying stuff like yes you are very intelligent and I have a high tolerance to stress bla bla bla cause they are just using psychology. They don't really know me so well as to say that, its made up and it annoys me. So they soon learn they have to be real with me or I just won't see them or i will be oppostional in some way and thats not deliberate, its just what you give is what you get, I guess. Like everyone you meet is your mirror. My doctors, counsellor or whatever have to be genuine, highly intelligent and have integrity.
    I know if I don't wanna listen them it is hard not to say anyhting with out them keep talking to me wanting a reaction. I dont really play mind games sometimes I am just not in the mood with thier stupid talking and other time I learn alot.
    Other times I just talk nonstop and they cant get a word in and I usually do that when I dont like the person the appointment over and they have stressed out, annoyed look on thier face and kind of glad i am going and i feel happy about that because i didnt like them or i could tell they didnt like me. To any professionals especially psychs my attitude or the way Im thinking is;
    Just one word DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE I AM AN IDIOT
    I can see straight through the dumb psychology your playing AND DONT ACT LIKE YOUR SUPERIOR and i am mentally impaired or disturbed as you putting me down to.
    I can handle contructive critism and a good psych or cousellor will give you that feedback but
    DON'T TREAT ME LIKE I AM A BABY! and thats all I ask and so apart from that i like to see and talk to them. In fact, I am thinking of becoming a mental health worker myself.

Return to “General Psychological Disorders”