Really dysmorphic right now.

This forum is here to discuss psychological disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, psychotic disorder, and other psychological disorders and and different ways of coping with them.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Really dysmorphic right now.

Postby alin0s » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Greyhound wrote:Sorry :embarrassed:

Same as Harvester, I have gender dysphoria, only I call it Harry Benjamin syndrome. I mainly don't like how it looks and feels, not so much the social side of it anymore. I don't feel feminine and my body feels like it shouldn't be feminine so I know hoe Harvester feels :(

Can't really help there. I can only turn people into things. Sorry, you need to go see a surgeon to get a gender change.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Greyhound
Disabilities: Neurologically dodgy!

Tourette syndrome with other general neurological abnormalities, including:
CAPD traits
Mild Asperger syndrome traits/NVLD/social-emotional processing difficulties/dyssemia
Tactile issues
Irritability (used to have rages)
Distractibility
Absent mindedness manifesting itself as short term/working memory problems
Organisational problems
Possible Harry Benjamin syndrome/dysmorphia
Hypodipsia
Synesthesia (associated type)?

All very mild though - just some dodgy circuitry!

Postby Greyhound » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:51 pm

I don't want a gender change thanks. I can't discuss it here - the whole thread would have to be moved the religious section :cool:

I want to change my brain, not my body though :(
Neurologically dodgy!

harvester52
Site Admin
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Gender Dysphoria, Severe Dysmorphia, Premie Tendons, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Postural Kyphosis, Osteoarthritis, Asthma

Postby harvester52 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:34 pm

I am exactly the opposite, Greyhound. I would go to all extremes to change my body. My mental comfort is more important than my physical to me, and my religious beliefs do not condemn changing one's body to suit one's mind.

I prefer he, him, his, etc. I am FTM and am following through with gender change.

Where my dysmorphia comes in is that my mind says that I am a machine, and should look... well, like my avatar. When I look down and see human hands, my mind can't comprehend why because I should be seeing my header (the blade rig on the front of a combine). Everything about human bodies isn't right with me, and having a female body has made that even WORSE.

Greyhound
Disabilities: Neurologically dodgy!

Tourette syndrome with other general neurological abnormalities, including:
CAPD traits
Mild Asperger syndrome traits/NVLD/social-emotional processing difficulties/dyssemia
Tactile issues
Irritability (used to have rages)
Distractibility
Absent mindedness manifesting itself as short term/working memory problems
Organisational problems
Possible Harry Benjamin syndrome/dysmorphia
Hypodipsia
Synesthesia (associated type)?

All very mild though - just some dodgy circuitry!

Postby Greyhound » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:16 am

All I can say is, I know the pain :(

I hope you didn't mind me asking about pronouns. I thought you might prefer GNPs.
Neurologically dodgy!

pakrat
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Dysthymia, Avoidant Personality.

Postby pakrat » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:18 am

Sometimes I feel like I should be an "it" rather than a female because most other females seem so foreign to me. I look feminine but am not caught up in all that make-up and girly stuff. But I'm also not really like a guy except maybe in usually having very logical thinking. So I often feel like I was born into the wrong body but can't think of anything else that it should have been instead. Result: confusion.

Candice

Postby Candice » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:29 pm

Yes well I feel sexy. Super sexy maybe that is one of the delusions i was having but other men say I am sexy too. I am not very impressed with my neighbour taking a photo of my ass though. When I was getting out of the taxi I was carry this box and fell over and was sticking my ass right out, i couldnt help it and then i turn around and this guy behind me with a phone to my ass. They shouldnt do that. Its an ivasion of my personal privacy and i hurt my self too.
No one cared about that!

pakrat
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Dysthymia, Avoidant Personality.

Postby pakrat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:39 am

Hey, that would be cool having a pet donkey. Is it one of those special donkeys with a cross on the back? I suppose it would cost a bit to feed but it could carry you around on its back sometimes.

Candice

Postby Candice » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:45 am

Pooh bear and donkey, no thanks i can think of better fantasy role play than that.
Maybe a nurse or a bunny but not a donkey that just doesnt do it for me and neither does a pooh bear, sorry.
Anyway I was thinking how some one could fix me. I am Borderline personality as well as developmetal disability and recent adjustment disorder.
They say i have impulse control and difficulty controlling my emotions sometimes and because of my upbringing i didnt learn to develop in normal realtionships.
So I was wondering how some one could fix me too cause this is all new to me. :?

Return to “General Psychological Disorders”