What did you learn today?

For non-disability related random discussion. Talk about anything and everything not covered in the other forums here. From cars and T.Vs and MP3's, to carrots and broccoli!
superboyian
Disabilities: High-Functioning Autism and Might have Dyscalculia

Re: What did you learn today?

Postby superboyian » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:57 pm

How to prolong short sentences.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:48 pm

How to shorten run on sentences actually LOL!
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

CelticRose
Disabilities: rheumatoid arthritis

Postby CelticRose » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:19 pm

I learned that if I schedule time to work on my needlework designs then I will actually get some designing done. :mrgreen:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 pm

I found out our dog has an eye infection

CelticRose

Postby CelticRose » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:27 pm

alin0s wrote:I found out our dog has an eye infection

Poor doggie. :(
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:31 am

CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:I found out our dog has an eye infection

Poor doggie. :(

and she has to go for x-rays tomorrow of her leg and spine

MechatronicEntity
Disabilities: Sensory Processing Disorder
Asperger's Syndrome
RA (I guess this is considered a disability)
OCD (What's so bad about this?)

Postby MechatronicEntity » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:07 pm

I learned that people die when they're killed... The great life lessons brought to you by poorly-dubbed Anime.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:44 am

MechatronicEntity wrote:I learned that people die when they're killed... The great life lessons brought to you by poorly-dubbed Anime.

LOL

I learned how death happens from a MEDICAL TEXT BOOK (years ago!) so that does not count

I learned that puking all over the shower curtain can result in mom going BUT BUT BUT I JUST BOUGHT THAT

MechatronicEntity
Asperger's Syndrome

Postby MechatronicEntity » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 am

alin0s wrote:
MechatronicEntity wrote:I learned that people die when they're killed... The great life lessons brought to you by poorly-dubbed Anime.

LOL

I learned how death happens from a MEDICAL TEXT BOOK (years ago!) so that does not count

I learned that puking all over the shower curtain can result in mom going BUT BUT BUT I JUST BOUGHT THAT

It's got to get broken in somehow... Consider it the shower curtain's rite of initiation. Shower curtain, you are now a proud member of the Alin Steglinski (Alpha Sigma) House!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:36 pm

MechatronicEntity wrote:
alin0s wrote:

LOL

It's got to get broken in somehow... Consider it the shower curtain's rite of initiation. Shower curtain, you are now a proud member of the Alin Steglinski (Alpha Sigma) House!

lol

MechatronicEntity
Asperger's Syndrome

Postby MechatronicEntity » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:58 pm

That trying to find logic in some people is like searching for Bigfoot in the desert... :roll:

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:24 pm

that some people will be assholes no matter how many time they supposedly say they will change

MechatronicEntity
Asperger's Syndrome

Postby MechatronicEntity » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:30 pm

alin0s wrote:that some people will be assholes no matter how many time they supposedly say they will change

I can definitely agree there. Let me guess, WP-related?

I learned today (and all week) that we're supposed to be spree killers now. :roll: :roll: :roll: Thank you CNN (and all the other Newsbots) for making us all look like savages.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:10 am

MechatronicEntity wrote:
alin0s wrote:that some people will be assholes no matter how many time they supposedly say they will change

I can definitely agree there. Let me guess, WP-related?

I learned today (and all week) that we're supposed to be spree killers now. :roll: :roll: :roll: Thank you CNN (and all the other Newsbots) for making us all look like savages.

nope real life

i learned today that no matter how i sort my time the holidays will always lead to me running around like chicken without head

CelticRose

Postby CelticRose » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:00 pm

I learned that this exists:

Somebody actually thought it was a good idea to make a movie based on the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Band with the Bee Gees and Peter Frampton as the Beatles and costars such as George Burns, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, and Steve Martin. It's so bad it's awesome. :mrgreen:

A couple of highlights:

George Burns singing "Fixing A Hole" = mind blown 8O

Steve Martin's version of "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" is awesome.

Return to “Random Discussion”