my car ...

For non-disability related random discussion. Talk about anything and everything not covered in the other forums here. From cars and T.Vs and MP3's, to carrots and broccoli!
batista.90
Disabilities: Asperger,autism,(f98.8)

my car ...

Postby batista.90 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:34 pm

So ok first of all this whole think started when i bought 1300€ worth car..how ever that one just broke so i need new one i think i lost this one Image
in shop they say it comes much cheaper to just get new car :(
now im looking 1900€ bmw
http://www.nettiauto.com/yritys/skauto/bmw/730/2650044
im aspie yay!:P

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: my car ...

Postby alin0s » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:37 pm

What is wrong with your car? I see someone holding a part, like a carburetor but I am not sure. I am no automotive :nerdy:
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

batista.90

Postby batista.90 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:40 pm

alin0s wrote:What is wrong with your car? I see someone holding a part, like a carburetor but I am not sure. I am no automotive :nerdy:
Part u see in picture is broken :cry: i cant even start my car if i don't push it first a bit

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Mind telling us what the part is called? I don't know what it's called. Is it the starter?

batista.90

Postby batista.90 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:44 pm

alin0s wrote:Mind telling us what the part is called? I don't know what it's called. Is it the starter?
yes its starter engine

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Depends on how old the car is, sometimes it is worth it to replace the starter than to buy a whole new car and other time it is not.

batista.90

Postby batista.90 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:50 pm

alin0s wrote:Depends on how old the car is, sometimes it is worth it to replace the starter than to buy a whole new car and other time it is not.
its from year -95 opel astra 1.6 engine :)

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Hmm, it might be worth it to just get a new car then!

doordoctor
Site Admin
Disabilities: aspergers, dysgraphia

Postby doordoctor » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:27 am

hello batista.90, actaully alin, its not the starter the starter on a car is in back of engine and is smaller in diameter then the alternator instead of a pulley (belt wheel) and fan, starters have a gear (pretty much a 8 or 9 tooth cog) that contacts the flywheel (a large gear on back on engine that seperates it from the transmission inside. (sorry if i went in over anyone's head here, just explaining alittle about cars) my dad worked on lots of these, could not help to post and help out here.....

what batista.90 is holding is the alternator, its does is keeps voltage stable after starting the car so the battery isnt dead every time you use the car, pretty much is used to recharge the battery while engine is running.

when the alternator fails, the battery can die and things such as radio presets and fuses can blow or other electricals not work in the car, or it just stall.

about fixing the alternator, i see in the yellow circle looks like the plug that plugs into the back of alternator. best way to test it batista, is with a test light (when circuit completes a light lights up, or a voltmeter (battery tester basically) or if still ?????'d :? , take alternator to a car parts place (not sure what brands or companies are out in finland (such as pep boys or NAPA auto parts) to have it tested. if it fails, this means you need a new one. (not sure how much they cost, all depends on the make and year of the car)

the part that is traced in thin yellow and near bottom of pic with pink arrow is the bracket were a bolt would go though a mounting hole on the side or alternator and should be another bracket with a slot in it (to adjust belt tension)the normal belt tension (well for in imperals measurement anyway(inches, feet)) is about 3/8 of inch to half inch if press down on belt with thumb.

good luck batista hope my post helps
if its not broke, WHY fix it??

batista.90

Postby batista.90 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

yes my friend fix set it :) i just got new battery and it came alive :P its been working great

doordoctor
Site Admin
Disabilities: aspergers, dysgraphia

Postby doordoctor » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:16 am

batista.90 wrote:yes my friend fix set it :) i just got new battery and it came alive :P its been working great

the battery too can cause low voltage problems, if its the kind with no caps at top to put in distilled water, replace the battery by taking off positive)+ then remove (negative)-.

when reinstalling battery, do reverse if that, (negative)- first then (positive)+ terminal

if it does have a cap on top (or well 2 caps,) refill slowly with distilled water and careful not to spill out any acid.

tractor i used to mow the lawn with, blah, every few months had to change the battery in it,

battery death can be from not running the car often too, (if you leave the car sit for about 2 or 3 months without being started can cause battery to drain low or die. also any accessories such as alarm systems or external devices such as XM satellite radio receivers (the ones that you plug into the cigarette lighter and mounted on a bracket)

is this car the daily driver (driven often, used every day)if so then replacement of the battery (depends on if the battery was original that came with car or how often car is started auto batteries generally last about i would say about 5 or so years dependign on usage of car and stresses with the electrical componants (radio, lights, also if you take long trips)

i seen your an auto mechanic (from your profile) if you want feel free to im or email me, i dontmind talking about cars (technical problems with) or any doors there that have problems too
if its not broke, WHY fix it??

batista.90

Postby batista.90 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:27 pm

thank u :) that was lot of useful info i will certainly look foward to chat with u

Return to “Random Discussion”