Are you a hoarder?

For non-disability related random discussion. Talk about anything and everything not covered in the other forums here. From cars and T.Vs and MP3's, to carrots and broccoli!
Candice

Are you a hoarder?

Postby Candice » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:05 am

I have been thinking that I am. It has become a life controlling issue because I can't find what I am looking for, like important items I need. I trip over things. I have piles of my clothes everywhere and all over the bedroom floor and thats where they stay and it isnt washing. It is because there is no cupboard or draw space left.

Where ever I go I collect phamplets, fridge magnets, stickers. Freebies in general. I have so many stacks and piles of books and I don't think I have ever read one of them.
I take peoples lost property home, like I have a collection of sunglasses. I even sometimes keep packaging. Like I found the other day this empty box of perfume, tetleys tea and other stuff that I had put away. It isnt something you need to keep so I threw them all away.

This is alot of a problem for me. I need everything to be in near perfect order and organisation to be able to feel organised. I make efforts to tidy up but it's just so much stuff and I feel overwhelmed.

deathchibi

Re: Are you a hoarder?

Postby deathchibi » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:07 am

i am an extream hoarder but my mum is a compulsive cleaner so the house is relatively clean but i have almost no room left in my bedroom so mum let me start on the spare room. :lol:

If anything is moved i know it WAS moved and when it is moved I usually cant find ANYTHING, it messes up my brain. :cry:

pakrat
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Dysthymia, Avoidant Personality.

Postby pakrat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 am

I do hoard some things like CDs, tapes, and records; also cards.

Sartresue
Disabilities: CAPD, Dyspraxia, AS

Postby Sartresue » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:59 am

Both seen and hoard topic

This is a good topic. Both my parents were hoarders, saving this and that in case it was needed. I often keep stuff because there is a special memory attached to it, so it is significant to me. :boogie:

CelticRose
Disabilities: rheumatoid arthritis

Postby CelticRose » Sun May 24, 2009 1:57 am

I come from a long line of packrats myself. I've gotten better about it, but I still have to do occasional purges.

My last declutter operation took me three days. And I only have a small studio apartment. 8O
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/

Sartresue

Postby Sartresue » Fri May 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Backpackrat topic

I just got rid of five years worth of jot notes from the 90s. Half a garbage bag full! Thank goodness they could be recycled. :lol:

Just love these emoticons. I could hoard these!

CelticRose
Disabilities: rheumatoid arthritis

Postby CelticRose » Fri May 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Sartresue! Yay, more people! :boogie:

It's good to see you. :D

Sartresue wrote:Just love these emoticons. I could hoard these!

Aren't Alin's emoticons just too cute? And of course you just know he would have more than one for hugs: :huggles: :cuddle: :grouphug:

I think my favorite is the boogie emoticon. :boogie:
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sun May 31, 2009 12:24 pm

CelticRose wrote:Sartresue! Yay, more people! :boogie:

It's good to see you. :D

Sartresue wrote:Just love these emoticons. I could hoard these!

Aren't Alin's emoticons just too cute? And of course you just know he would have more than one for hugs: :huggles: :cuddle: :grouphug:

I think my favorite is the boogie emoticon. :boogie:

I have lots of hug emotes since hugs are one of my favorite things in life.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Sartresue

Postby Sartresue » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:12 am

Hoarding hugs topic

I remember a book I used to read to my kids when they were small written by Cindy Szekeres appropriately entitled Hugs.

I have tried to hoard all the books i read to my kids when they were very young. In fact, i keep lots of stuff they they made/created at school. I suppose it is a sort of special interest collection, but only important to to me. :hypertype:

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:16 pm

I hoard anything tight, rubbery, and or hugs :P
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Return to “Random Discussion”