Thinking of having to go to AA

For non-disability related random discussion. Talk about anything and everything not covered in the other forums here. From cars and T.Vs and MP3's, to carrots and broccoli!
Candice

Thinking of having to go to AA

Postby Candice » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:12 am

I am disappointed with myself. I bought a bottle of Jack Daniels and I was only going to have two glasses and then save it for next week. I look in the fridge and the bottle is just about empty. I can't believe it cause not even feeling like I drunk anywhere near that much. Like a month or two back to drink a quarter of that I would have been falling over.
I don't even notice anymore. It just feels like I have had a few beers.
I had a blood test not long ago. It showed I didnt have no hepatitis but I had elevated liver enzymes. The hospital knows I have been drinking alot but I said 'i don't drink all the time' but thats what they think has elevated my liver count.

I don't really want to go to AA meeting but I am thinking you can only drink so much for so long before it can cause serious and/or longterm damage.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Thinking of having to go to AA

Postby alin0s » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:14 am

Candice wrote:I am disappointed with myself. I bought a bottle of Jack Daniels and I was only going to have two glasses and then save it for next week. I look in the fridge and the bottle is just about empty. I can't believe it cause not even feeling like I drunk anywhere near that much. Like a month or two back to drink a quarter of that I would have been falling over.
I don't even notice anymore. It just feels like I have had a few beers.
I had a blood test not long ago. It showed I didnt have no hepatitis but I had elevated liver enzymes. The hospital knows I have been drinking alot but I said 'i don't drink all the time' but thats what they think has elevated my liver count.

I don't really want to go to AA meeting but I am thinking you can only drink so much for so long before it can cause serious and/or longterm damage.

You should get some sort of interventional help. Drinking for long periods and at the high doses you are taking can use long term and or severe damage. Get some help.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Candice

Postby Candice » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:35 am

Yes I will I don't end up brain damaged cause that is what my case manager said. That untreated schizophrenia (for example causes brain damage) and I guess other mental disorder could too because as a result of high anxiety, low self esteem whatever. People with a mental illness often try to self medicate. Long term substance abuse will damage your brain and also stress will too. Like if some ones stress is so bad they consistently have severe panic attacks lasting for years. Thier brain will shut down. They will have no choice or control over what thier body does cause it can't take it anymore. It isnt mind over matter. Thier body and mind shut downs and they are unable to function and even when they recover. Most likely they will never be the same again because too much stress like that especially if it's repeated episodes will cause brain damage and the impairments will be permanent. It becomes to a point where the body or the mind cannot repair itself no more and so that is why people with mental disorders and especially if it is classed chronic or high risk. They should take extra special care of thier bodies and responability for thier own mental health by doing what they know or are advised are positive steps towards maintaining good mental health.
Now that is making me feel sick. Life isnt like that. No one doesnt follow perfect rules. Truth be told if I could get more to drink now I would but I don't have any money.
I do know that I can change. I will stop drinking and soon I will join a group. I am giving up smoking too. Not that anyone cares cause when I drink i like to be alone so no one knows how much I drink.

RCM

Postby RCM » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Yeah, I don't like when members get hurt like that! be careful and go to AA and get help! :)

Candice

Postby Candice » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:29 am

Yeah I will because even though I don't get hang overs. It does make me feel a bit washed out and I am thinking of how much have I really been drinking. Like Kaluhu, vodka, jack daniel, jim beam, scotch whiskey and I'm like 'oh mum is here' and grab all the empty bottles and quickly put them in the bin. So I wouldnt say I drink alot or often but when I do obvisously I do.

When I go out clubbing they always stop serving me drinks. It pisses me off because other women drink heaps more and they still get served. I asked this woman how many drinks she had and it was her 8th! I only have 3 or 4 at the most and they won't serve me no more.
Maybe too it's the medication I am on. You can get affected by alchohol much quicker.

My liver enzymes are only little elevated ALT 77, GGT 41, ALP NO Hep B or C. That is what the psych wrote down for me. Two years ago when I was in prison it was elevated then too and I don't know why. I have over the years taken alot of pandiene forte because of my teeth.
I don't have my two front teeth no more and on the waiting list. I wish they would hurry up because I don't like smiling now. Like when I really smile It looks ferral. Just a bit and at the back where you cant see I have 8 teeth missing. I looked after my teeth too :(
It's because the public dental system is crap over here.

Botti
Disabilities: Deaf/Low Vision (blind) and Autistic

Postby Botti » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:34 pm

Drinking on those psych meds is like suicide. You should have some sort of contract with your doctor to be tested for alcohol and be hospitalized if you are using it.

It can cause seizures and other bad things when mixed with meds.
Deaf Autistic

Sartresue
Disabilities: CAPD, Dyspraxia, AS

Postby Sartresue » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Assistance for alcoholics topic

This is another good thread. I am happy for Candice, and as in the other thread, I am hoping she resolves this main issue and the reason she does abuse alcohol. :huggles:

Return to “Random Discussion”