What if autism was contagious? would you spread it?

this forum is here to discuss Autism and Asperger's syndrome and the different ways of coping with their social and neurocognitive effects.
alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: What if autism was contagious? would you spread it?

Postby alin0s » Thu May 01, 2008 9:22 am

Animul wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:I wouldn't spread it, NTs are much better at getting things done than I am.

I would have to agree with you.

When I don't feel like doing certain tasks, I can usually find an NT that will.

If you will excuse me, I have to go procrastinate about packing... Possibly the husband will beat me to finishing up packing before I get it done.

That sounds odd, I am HFA / PDD- NOS and yet I don't procrastinate, I get things done over time but not all at the last minute.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

GreaseMonkey
Disabilities: Aspergers

Postby GreaseMonkey » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:53 am

Man, that config screen thing is a great idea.
When you're lacking inspiration, nothing beats an ass pie.

<-- has AS

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 pm

alin0s wrote:
Animul wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:I wouldn't spread it, NTs are much better at getting things done than I am.

I would have to agree with you.

When I don't feel like doing certain tasks, I can usually find an NT that will.

If you will excuse me, I have to go procrastinate about packing... Possibly the husband will beat me to finishing up packing before I get it done.

That sounds odd, I am HFA / PDD- NOS and yet I don't procrastinate, I get things done over time but not all at the last minute.

I procrastinated a lot in HS never got me anything done, but now I procrastinate at home :lol:

deathchibi

Postby deathchibi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:16 am

anyone within 20 miles of me would catch it if it was contagious :xD:

RCM

Postby RCM » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:15 pm

deathchibi wrote:anyone within 20 miles of me would catch it if it was contagious :xD:

Even better! How about anyone within 100 miles of you would catch it!

LostInEmulation
Disabilities: Impaired vision, Asperger syndrome

Re:

Postby LostInEmulation » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:46 pm

alin0s wrote:You know what would be cool, if we had a special configuration screen we would go to to turn on different NT aspects and shut them off as we need them. That would be cool.

It'd be awesome!

I actually for a second wanted to post something, but then remembered a past obsession with ethics and thought that Kant might disagree with spreading it. :D
It's gonna be the future soon / and I won't always be this way / when the things that make me weak / and strange get engineered away (Jonathan Coulton - The Future Soon)

Phagocyte
Disabilities: I have no disabilities, but I hold a strong interest in neurological conditions and disorders.

Postby Phagocyte » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Let's just say that if NT-ness was contagious, I'd lock myself in an air-right room. :lol:
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science."

-Albert Einstein

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Phagocyte wrote:Let's just say that if NT-ness was contagious, I'd lock myself in an air-right room. :lol:

Uhm, I hope you have an air filter there. Or you will suffocate.

Phagocyte
Disabilities: I have no disabilities, but I hold a strong interest in neurological conditions and disorders.

Postby Phagocyte » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:11 pm

alin0s wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:Let's just say that if NT-ness was contagious, I'd lock myself in an air-right room. :lol:

See? I failed to properly analyze and address the situation as per my NT-ness, and thus, I suffocated! :lol:

In a completely off topic tangent, doesn't the cellphone emoticon look like he's holding a beer?: :cellphone:
"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science."

-Albert Einstein

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
alin0s wrote:

See? I failed to properly analyze and address the situation as per my NT-ness, and thus, I suffocated! :lol:

In a completely off topic tangent, doesn't the cellphone emoticon look like he's holding a beer?: :cellphone:

Hahaha, enjoy your, suffocation booth!

Nah, it looks like a cell phone. Ain't my emote so I can't edit it anyways. :P

Phagocyte

Postby Phagocyte » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Yeah, you're right. He's talking way to much for someone hitting the sauce anyway.

-Albert Einstein

Greyhound
Disabilities: Neurologically dodgy!

Tourette syndrome with other general neurological abnormalities, including:
CAPD traits
Mild Asperger syndrome traits/NVLD/social-emotional processing difficulties/dyssemia
Tactile issues
Irritability (used to have rages)
Distractibility
Absent mindedness manifesting itself as short term/working memory problems
Organisational problems
Possible Harry Benjamin syndrome/dysmorphia
Hypodipsia
Synesthesia (associated type)?

All very mild though - just some dodgy circuitry!

Postby Greyhound » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:37 am

alin0s wrote:I would definitely not want to be cured.

You don't want to be cured because it's who you are, just as NTs wouldn't want autism because being NT is who they are.

I would not spread it.
Neurologically dodgy!

Jaysonlee4

Re:

Postby Jaysonlee4 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:37 pm

alin0s wrote:
eScential wrote:
alin0s wrote:
You know what would be cool, if we had a special configuration screen we would go to to turn on different NT aspects and shut them off as we need them. That would be cool.

Yep!
a rather aspie way to be NT
so logical

As long as the system does not run on Windows we are fine. If it runs on windows we are doomed. Windows will blue screen when we have to do something critical. Mine will have to run on Mac OS X thank you very much!

I think most NT's are running windows which is why they are NT in the first place.....hmm loading auttheworld.exe, uploading, sending. lol

alin0s
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby alin0s » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:16 pm

Jaysonlee4 wrote:
alin0s wrote:
eScential wrote:
alin0s wrote:
You know what would be cool, if we had a special configuration screen we would go to to turn on different NT aspects and shut them off as we need them. That would be cool.

Yep!
so logical

As long as the system does not run on Windows we are fine. If it runs on windows we are doomed. Windows will blue screen when we have to do something critical. Mine will have to run on Mac OS X thank you very much!

I think most NT's are running windows which is why they are NT in the first place.....hmm loading auttheworld.exe, uploading, sending. lol

Let's see if their virus scanners catch it as a virus :twisted:

Jaysonlee4

Re: Re:

Postby Jaysonlee4 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:37 am

alin0s wrote:
Jaysonlee4 wrote:
alin0s wrote:
eScential wrote:
alin0s wrote:

Yep!
so logical

Let's see if their virus scanners catch it as a virus :twisted:

LMAO nah it will get by...

Return to “Autism and Aspergers Syndrome”