Literal Sarcasm: A Different Kind of Sarcasm

this forum is here to discuss Autism and Asperger's syndrome and the different ways of coping with their social and neurocognitive effects.
Abstract_Logic
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Dysthymia

Literal Sarcasm: A Different Kind of Sarcasm

Postby Abstract_Logic » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:40 pm

Do you ever find yourself making literal sarcasms for fun?

My mom asked me to get her a pop (soda) from the refrigerator the other day and I responded "I'll give you a pop alright, a pop in the head!" and I chuckled knowingly. Or another time my sister's friend was over at my house picking up something and she left her car on outside, so I asked her "Do you know your car is running?" and she responded "yes" and then I said "well you better catch it before it runs away!"

When I was younger I used to take things very literally. So now that I'm older I think it's funny to make literal sarcasms like the ones above, regardless of whether or not anyone else thinks they are funny.
:lol:

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Literal Sarcasm: A Different Kind of Sarcasm

Postby alin0s » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 am

Yes I use those all the time. Regardless of if its funny or not. Its just funny to me.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

pigeon309
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome

Postby pigeon309 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:13 pm

That's not sarcasm. Sarcasm is defined as "harsh or bitter derision or irony." I got that definition from this linkhttp://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm It has several other definitions, but none of them fit what you mentioned. However, I do find jokes like that quite funny.
I'm abnormal, just like everyone else.

rikki-inside
Disabilities: DISSA BILLY TEE ·
People's narrow minds

MIND FUNK ·
Synaesthesia / OCD / Possible AS / Claustrophobia

Postby rikki-inside » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:23 am

OMG you guys are beautiful stars! I love it!! This is EXACTLY what I do!!! It is SO much fun.... to me - that is the most important thing. Whether other's find it funny or not is irrelevant.

What's the most fun is when I do it in gay chat rooms to people who come in just for sex:

THEM: "ooooh who wants some fun ;)??"
ME: "oooooooh me please!!..
THEM: "do you wanna private message me?"
ME: "Yay ok - so what do you wanna do for fun? Collect stamps? Go water ski-ing?"
THEM: "omg are you a timewaster? :wall: "

I am SO hilarious!
My Music Website · RikkiMusic.WebEden.co.uk

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 am

:lolfloor:
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Return to “Autism and Aspergers Syndrome”