Do you hate bullies

this forum is here to discuss Autism and Asperger's syndrome and the different ways of coping with their social and neurocognitive effects.
Candice

Do you hate bullies

Postby Candice » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:56 am

I have an ASD diagnosis and so does my son but I was never bullied much by other children because I was so quiet. My son, however, likes to play fight but what he often doesnt realise is the other kid is not play fighting. They are trying to be a bully and at his old school when he was with me. Some boys at the school was calling him a less intelligent and just teasing in general.
It makes my blood boil if some one picks on my son and I feel frustrated that there isnt much i can do because they are children. Like the saying 'all children are precious' but I just so don't feel that way about any kids that have bullied my son in some way.

It's like no one messes with my boy. I have had to try and accept that he does have autism disorder and is and proberly always will be vunerable to being bullied.
It has been hard to accept because I don't like no one hurting him. He is a good kid.

batista.90
Disabilities: Asperger,autism,(f98.8)

Re: Do you hate bullies

Postby batista.90 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:58 pm

someone should make a fine to pay for bullies(hoping they not getting their week moneys) :evil:
im aspie yay!:P

pakrat
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Dysthymia, Avoidant Personality.

Postby pakrat » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:48 am

If schoolyard bullies were charged with assault that would cut down on bullying quite a lot. They shouldn't think they are immune to the law because they are in the school.

RCM

Postby RCM » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:30 pm

That's a really good idea! it probably would cut down bullies!

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:56 pm

And it would allow future employers to see the record that they have a history of violence. Thus opening up jobs to people deserving of them.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Calico
Disabilities: Diagnosed with autism in my early childhood and then it was turned to "autistic behavior" due to having hearing loss.

Diagnosed with ADD and dyspraxia and Sensory Integration(sp) Dysfunction when I was a kid

Diagnosed with anxiety and depression along with Aspergers in 6th grade.

I also have a learning disability and cognitive problems.

Postby Calico » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:20 pm

I hate them so much I just bully them back. Something I have been doing since I was a kid and boy did they hate it.
There's no crying in baseball
Take me home mama and put me to bed

MissConstrue
Disabilities: Seizures, Aspergers, and Major Depression Disorder.

Postby MissConstrue » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 am

It's strange but I think with me I use to cope with bullying by coming off as invisible.

I kind of kept a low profile and tried not to talk because I was sort of aware of how bad my verbal skills were.

Peer talk or that vernacular way of speaking was a challenge and that's kind of how people judged eachother in highschool. It's still a problem for me.

What really gets me with bullies is when they define me in a way that's not only debasing but untrue. I don't know but I get so mad when people spread rumors or talk about me as if they knew what I was like without really getting to know me.

I had one "rebel" tell me how conformed I was just because I wasn't extraverted or carried a loud persona. She assumed I wasn't into music or anything creative. I almost wanted to slap her cos I was the total opposite of that. Music has always been my big thing and I love creativity any many forms. In fact, I felt like the true me was invisible or supressed b/c of this. She assumed I was one of those smart people into math and science. Nothing wrong with that but I didn't like being judged b/c of a stereotype..... :nerdy:

I wonder if anyone else has this problem with being defined in a way that is the very opposite of their true persona. I think it's highly typical of aspies or at least in my case of coming off one way but being the very other.
Oh you can't help that. We're all mad here.
__Cheshire the Cat

sbcmetroguy
Disabilities: Asperger's syndrome (suspected by psychologist, still undiagnosed)
ADHD (suspected by psychologist, still undiagnosed)

Postby sbcmetroguy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:56 pm

alin0s wrote:And it would allow future employers to see the record that they have a history of violence. Thus opening up jobs to people deserving of them.

That's a great idea, because then my current supervisor would never have been hired being the bullying jerk that he is.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:58 pm

sbcmetroguy wrote:
alin0s wrote:And it would allow future employers to see the record that they have a history of violence. Thus opening up jobs to people deserving of them.

That's a great idea, because then my current supervisor would never have been hired being the bullying jerk that he is.

Bullying in the workplace is sometimes illegal by state regulation. If your state has a Department of Professional Regulation like Illinois does then contact them. There is hope in solving problems like this!

justme05
Disabilities: most likely AS, almost certainly NLD, PTSD for certain.

Postby justme05 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:54 pm

to the original poster: is there anyone at the school you can talk to about this?

one of the things i really wish for is some kind of coordinated effort in the public schools to stop bullying. when i was growing up, it just went on. a teacher or two might develop some concern, but there wasn't any systematic kind of effort to stop it.

pigeon309
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome

Postby pigeon309 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:34 pm

I think you definitely need to let the staff know about this. Your son shouldn't have to put up with it, and hopefully, they will help. However, I am unfortunately aware that school staff are not always as helpful as they should be. Is your son in mainstream education? I was bullied right from First School all the way to Year Six, and I never really settled in at school until I got into sen ed. Mind you, your son might be luckier than me with his current teachers; it's just a thought. I wish you luck.
I'm abnormal, just like everyone else.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:47 am

This thread is almost a year old. the original poster is no longer a member. Please generalize the topic or I will lock this thread so that a new thread that is more relevant can be created.

[ADMIN LOCK PEND]

Titan's Fiancée
Site Admin
Disabilities: CLASSIC AUTISM(HIGH FUNCTION)/SEVERE ASHTMA. I also have several other problems like sensory issues and learning disability I also have a diagnosis of Borderline personality disorder

Postby Titan's Fiancée » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 pm

GAWD I HATE bullies they think they are soooo hard when in their little gangs but get them alone and they are cowards. So yes I HATE BULLIES :mad:
MY ONE AND ONLY LOVER TITAN THE ROBOT

Return to “Autism and Aspergers Syndrome”