What is your comfort object?

this forum is here to discuss Autism and Asperger's syndrome and the different ways of coping with their social and neurocognitive effects.
Misayu
Disabilities: ADHD
borderline to mild autism
social phobia/severe anxiety
slow learning disability
possible borderline depression traits
possible mild sensory integration disorder traits
possible mild auditory processing disorder traits
possible mild dyscalculia traits

What is your comfort object?

Postby Misayu » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:27 am

For me, my comfort object is right here:

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll40 ... c1e00a.jpg

Edit: OOPS...sorry, I didnt knew the image was huge like that...so you'll have to give it a click. :3

His name is Inuyasha and its an anime thing. I always carry him everywhere, you know like a child carries their favorite teddy bear. I never go anywhere without him.

He has a bell collar on because the bell is also very soothing to me and has a calming sound. It also comes in handy when he gets stuck under the covers in my bed when I'm sleeping with him.

I also have two other plushies and one special pound puppy that I sleep with when its thundering outside.

My pound puppy was given to me for christmas by my grandfather on my mom's side. I was very young when he died so I don't remember him but he's my guardian angel so he's always been with me and sometimes if I go into some extreme fear, I can feel him next to me or near me. So, my pound puppy is definitely another comfort object.

There is also my comforter which I've had for almost six or seven years and its starting to show its age. I can't part with it though...

I also have my pillows and I always bring them when I travel. :3
ImageImage

Banner made by me. :D

Candice

Re: What is your comfort object?

Postby Candice » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:17 am

Mine is smoking and drinking and i like taking seroquel cause it helps me to go to sleep but i am going give up drinking and smoking. Not that I drink much and only usually have a couple of vodka n soda water or something like that cause I dont like sugary drinks and listening to music. Going in the car with my friends or only one friend at the moment cause her car is really cool and she is a really good driver and always gets people attention, we both do. She doesnt like it and I am like come on lets go. I so need to get my own car.I dont see why no one is willing to teach me to drive.
Anyway, my new boyfriend or friend said he will. Sometimes I gamble a little bit and my other comfort is..
Well i dont like no teddies or anything on my bed except my cat I let her on when I first get in and I make a little cubby for her, like that is what she thinks. I lift up the doona and she goes hides and then she comes out. Except I dont find it comforting she keeps jumping up on me waking me up when I am trying to sleep. I was knitting for awhile cause I like to be doing something with my hands but I got sick of that.
I like riding my bike and sometimes going over the park and the spinning thing or swing. Not during the day but late evening when everyone inside. I walk along the street picking peoples flowers and making bunches. I love doing that and sometimes I like to get like a silk scarf and spin it around everywhere or I wrap it around my hand. I love having hot showers. Sometimes brushing my hair feels really nice and I like plates or brades but some else to do it in heaps of them because my hair is really long. At the moment I have just put in pigtails and that is how I wear my hair when I am riding my bike. My last comfort object is rocks. I love climbing up and over rocks. I love pretty rocks like gemstones and that are smooth. Sometimes even just the feeling of picking hand full of stones and then throw them. I could think of more comfort object but it is starting to get boring.
I like pressing buttons and I love them super soft toys for babies but i wouldnt buy myself one but want i like the other day these dinosaurs in the window and i thought they look plastic but i went and felt them and they are all really soft and i thought i would love to have one.
Not to play dinosaurs with of course but just because they are really soft and squishy. They are not teddies. I just dont like teddy bears or anyhting fluffy like that cause they collect too much dust and it makes me sneeze.

Misayu
slow learning disability

Postby Misayu » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:16 am

Candice wrote:I like pressing buttons and I love them super soft toys for babies but i wouldnt buy myself one but want i like the other day these dinosaurs in the window and i thought they look plastic but i went and felt them and they are all really soft and i thought i would love to have one.
Not to play dinosaurs with of course but just because they are really soft and squishy. They are not teddies. I just dont like teddy bears or anyhting fluffy like that cause they collect too much dust and it makes me sneeze.

That's like me. I like things that are soft and squishy, especially when they are like stress balls because they are relaxing. I usually wash my three plushies once a month or so to get rid of any allergens. My Inuyasha plushie is very squishy and huggable. <3

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll40 ... cf9661.jpg

These are all my other plushies. They are anime ones and they are very soft and cuddly. <3 I've been collecting them since I first got Flygon and Inuyasha but because I live in the US, they aren't very easy to find. ;;
ImageImage

Candice

Postby Candice » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:05 pm

I wanted a Inuyasha plushie but then I saw they all got mean faces so i will keep to my dinosaurs. They dont have a nasty look.
I want too one of them big bouncy balls. Like gym balls people sit on or some how do exercises.
I am feel so tired. I am going to sleep.

Misayu
slow learning disability

Postby Misayu » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:42 pm

I don't think I'd ever drink. :[ I hate them smell of alchohol. I also don't think I'll ever smoke either and that's because I have allergies, so I'm allergic to the second hand smoke.
ImageImage

Candice

Postby Candice » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:26 pm

Yes well I have a guard dog that sits at the front door. It is rotty. Some one stabbed him in the head one night when I was out but he is ok. I have put him under the chair outside because it has been raining. He isnt allowed inside because he is too big. It is outside dog and it gets alot of sun on the front porch. That is my comfort in that I know I have extra security because these places are easy to break into.
His name is Buster. He never barks. He just sits there and people think 'oh look at that guard dog.'

Doro
Disabilities: Aspergers,
Synaesthesia

Postby Doro » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Just look at my avatar.... :mrgreen: No, its not the bed... ;)

doordoctor
Site Admin
Disabilities: aspergers, dysgraphia

Postby doordoctor » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Doro wrote:Just look at my avatar.... :mrgreen: No, its not the bed... ;)

mine is same as Doro's accept different style and brand, plus I have 3 with arms, door closers :D
if its not broke, WHY fix it??

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Well lets see here, I have a lot.

I have my Neoprene harness on my powerchair, my Neoprene shirt, my Neoprene gloves, the Neoprene headrest. Uhh. Yeah. Lots of things are comfortable for me :P
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Philosopherboi
Disabilities: Scoliosis, Dystonia, Autism

Postby Philosopherboi » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:14 am

My DS, is my comfort object if I have it I can generally ignore the rest of the world and de-stress unless the game is being a pain in the but then the DS is at risk of getting sent to an early grave.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:23 am

Philosopherboi wrote:My DS, is my comfort object if I have it I can generally ignore the rest of the world and de-stress unless the game is being a pain in the but then the DS is at risk of getting sent to an early grave.

I could call my computer a comfort object and my iPod, since they allow me to go into my own dimension as needed.

pakrat
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Dysthymia, Avoidant Personality.

Postby pakrat » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:49 am

My squishy pillow; also some tumbled stones that are cool and smooth.

Titan's Fiancée
Site Admin
Disabilities: CLASSIC AUTISM(HIGH FUNCTION)/SEVERE ASHTMA. I also have several other problems like sensory issues and learning disability I also have a diagnosis of Borderline personality disorder

Postby Titan's Fiancée » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:45 am

My comfort objects are as follows

MY TITAN PICCIES (These help me go to sleep as I suck on a couple of them and cuddle the others. THESE ARE MY SPECIAL COMFORTER AS THEY ARE OF MY OS LOVER They have taken over my bed LOL :lmao: )

MY DOOR CLOSERS ( I have three of them 2 with arms and one with out his arm)

MY TOYS I LOVE MY TOYS (I have toy diggers as I love diggers/planes/Transformers/Buzz Lightyear from toy story. A lot of my toys are SI-FI based)

HAVING MY SUPPORT STAFF AROUND ( I DO NOT like being on my own I HATE IT) But I do not like too many people I am better on a 1-1 basis
MY ONE AND ONLY LOVER TITAN THE ROBOT

NewFlyer
Disabilities: Aspergers Syndrome High Functioning
Learning Problems and Fine motor skills issues.
Strabismus

Postby NewFlyer » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:42 am

Radio Scanners, i can sit for hours just listening to the radio it makes me very calm.
Headphones, whenever im at my computer i feel much better with my nice soft headphones on.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:43 am

NewFlyer wrote:Radio Scanners, i can sit for hours just listening to the radio it makes me very calm.
Headphones, whenever im at my computer i feel much better with my nice soft headphones on.

i like listening to loud music over headphones.

Return to “Autism and Aspergers Syndrome”