Clothing that helps you relax!

This forum is here to discuss sensory integration disorder and different ways of coping with it.
jumpsuitboy
Disabilities: Bipolar Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder

Re: Clothing that helps you relax!

Postby jumpsuitboy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am

batista.90 wrote:
alin0s wrote: Footed sleepers are one thing I miss about my little kid days.

Don't give up! MANY companies make footed pajamas for adults. Check out Privatina's:

I guess you could say it falls in the category of my obsession, too.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:51 am

jumpsuitboy wrote:
batista.90 wrote:
alin0s wrote: Footed sleepers are one thing I miss about my little kid days.

Don't give up! MANY companies make footed pajamas for adults. Check out Privatina's:

I guess you could say it falls in the category of my obsession, too.

now all i need is one made of 100% nylon (like a blood pressure cuff) and inflatable. ahhh pressure all over my body... ahhhhhh thatd feel awesome!
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

NotSoAmazngGrace
Disabilities: I have mental disabilities, need further diagnoses, but
am thinking autism spectrum disorder. I have bipolar or
borderline personality disorder, ocd, ptsd, paranoia,
general anxiety disorder, self-injurious behavior,
suicidal ideation, attention defecit disorder, dyscalculia,
and sensory integration disorder. Medical issues: I have
rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, tmj, pcos, acid reflux,
and tendonitis? possibly carpal tunnel? Chronic muscle
spasms - upper and lower back.

Postby NotSoAmazngGrace » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:53 pm

I have a sweater that I stole from my dad that is 4X and 100% cotton. I love it and wear it all the time. (He finally gave up on trying to get it back from me :lol: ) It is a knit-style sweater and nearly seven sizes too big for me. I also love the handmade quilt that my biological great-grandmother made for my biological father. I have slept under it for twenty years and will till the day I die.

edited 12-26-12 due to me finding for certain who it was that made the quilt :xD:
Last edited by NotSoAmazngGrace on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'When's lunch?' 'I'm bored!' 'Are we there yet?' 'Mommm, I'm out of books! What again?'

RCM

Postby RCM » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:31 pm

anything that is 100% acrylic feels great to me! love the scratchy feeling!

MechatronicEntity
Disabilities: Sensory Processing Disorder
Asperger's Syndrome
RA (I guess this is considered a disability)
OCD (What's so bad about this?)

Postby MechatronicEntity » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:41 pm

I own a German flak vest (what I'm wearing in my profile picture) and some bulletproof vests (one is concealable for use in public: Don't want to arouse too much curiosity or be labeled a "Terry Wrist"). The flak vest has a Kevlar collar that can be put up to protect the neck/base of skull region, which makes me feel quite secure.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 pm

MechatronicEntity wrote:I own a German flak vest (what I'm wearing in my profile picture) and some bulletproof vests (one is concealable for use in public: Don't want to arouse too much curiosity or be labeled a "Terry Wrist"). The flak vest has a Kevlar collar that can be put up to protect the neck/base of skull region, which makes me feel quite secure.

alll of which are nice and heavy :D i like the idea of the flak vests and bullet vests. i want a bullet proof vest.

MechatronicEntity
Asperger's Syndrome

Postby MechatronicEntity » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:01 pm

alin0s wrote:
MechatronicEntity wrote:I own a German flak vest (what I'm wearing in my profile picture) and some bulletproof vests (one is concealable for use in public: Don't want to arouse too much curiosity or be labeled a "Terry Wrist"). The flak vest has a Kevlar collar that can be put up to protect the neck/base of skull region, which makes me feel quite secure.

alll of which are nice and heavy :D i like the idea of the flak vests and bullet vests. i want a bullet proof vest.

There are many online stores/surplus stores with them. The cheapest you'll find one for is about $85 (flak vest) and $120 (bulletproof vest). One of the bulletproof vests I bought, the other was given to me by an older friend who's a retired police officer.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:18 pm

MechatronicEntity wrote:
alin0s wrote:

There are many online stores/surplus stores with them. The cheapest you'll find one for is about $85 (flak vest) and $120 (bulletproof vest). One of the bulletproof vests I bought, the other was given to me by an older friend who's a retired police officer.

what about a concealable bullet proof one

MechatronicEntity
Asperger's Syndrome

Postby MechatronicEntity » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:17 pm

They run anywhere from $110/120 up, depending on condition and style (some have more coverage). I've seen some in the 3-400 dollar range. The concealable ones do not weigh much at all, but do tend to be able to be worn mmore tightly, which is generally sufficient to focus my mind/reduce sensory issues at work or in other public situations.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:23 am

MechatronicEntity wrote:They run anywhere from $110/120 up, depending on condition and style (some have more coverage). I've seen some in the 3-400 dollar range. The concealable ones do not weigh much at all, but do tend to be able to be worn mmore tightly, which is generally sufficient to focus my mind/reduce sensory issues at work or in other public situations.

find me a new one that would actually protect me if i get shot in my wheelchair.

MechatronicEntity
Asperger's Syndrome

Postby MechatronicEntity » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 am

Convert your wheelchair into an Armored Personnel Carrier :lol: How effed up would that be? "Don't mind me, I'm just running over the snotty little brat kids to get to the ice cream bars faster..." :twisted:

MechatronicEntity
Asperger's Syndrome

Postby MechatronicEntity » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 am

Now that I have finally found it, I will post it here: My (old-school) PASGT vest. Yes that is my hideous foot making an unintentional cameo in the photo.

PS: Ulgh! Those tiles need to go so bad... :embarrassed:

CelticRose
Disabilities: rheumatoid arthritis

Postby CelticRose » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:04 am

Hey! You're foot's shaped almost like mine. My second toe isn't quite as long as yours, but it's almost as long as the big toe.

Other than the color, I rather like those tiles.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/

MechatronicEntity
Asperger's Syndrome

Postby MechatronicEntity » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:41 pm

CelticRose wrote:Hey! You're foot's shaped almost like mine. My second toe isn't quite as long as yours, but it's almost as long as the big toe.

Other than the color, I rather like those tiles.

:lolfloor: :lolfloor: Thanks! They are so 1970s, I really want to get those ones that have the appearance of hewn stone, but as this is merely a laundry room, fancy floor tiles really don't matter. The funny thing about my feet is the fact that the second toe is much longer than the first one on my left foot. My parents always said they were the most hideous feet they've even seen. If I had my feet crossed while they watched television, they'd complain that the hallux blocked out the TV. :o :embarrassed: We should have a big/awkward feet pride day.

CelticRose
Disabilities: rheumatoid arthritis

Postby CelticRose » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Ask your parents if they think the Statue of Liberty's foot is hideous.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Statue_of_Liberty_foot.jpg
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/

Return to “Sensory Integration Disorder”