Clothing that helps you relax!

This forum is here to discuss sensory integration disorder and different ways of coping with it.
alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Clothing that helps you relax!

Postby alin0s » Sun May 24, 2009 9:01 pm

CelticRose wrote:The dryer ate one of my sweaters today. :mad: :( I'll have to go clothes shopping this week -- not my favorite chore.

And this is why Amazon.com exists and credit cards. :xD:

Have you considered getting a PayPal account? No credit card needed, just a bank account.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sun May 24, 2009 9:02 pm

CelticRose wrote:Weird! When I was posting the reply, the site flashed a huge picture of you for a nanosecond. You using subliminal messages there, dude? ;)

That's weird, I never seen that up until today. I'll check the server tomorrow. 8O 8O

CelticRose
Disabilities: rheumatoid arthritis

Postby CelticRose » Sun May 24, 2009 10:44 pm

alin0s wrote:
CelticRose wrote:The dryer ate one of my sweaters today. :mad: :( I'll have to go clothes shopping this week -- not my favorite chore.

Have you considered getting a PayPal account? No credit card needed, just a bank account.

And let them have access to my bank account?! 8O No way!

I just need to get around to applying for a credit card. I'll do it one of these days, weeks, months...
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sun May 24, 2009 11:07 pm

CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:

I just need to get around to applying for a credit card. I'll do it one of these days, weeks, months...

Tried using a prepaid credit card?

CelticRose

Postby CelticRose » Mon May 25, 2009 8:40 am

alin0s wrote:
CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:

No, I haven't.

It's not lack of credit that's the problem, it's getting myself motivated to do it. ;) I'll get around to it one day.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 am

CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:
CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:

No, I haven't.

It's not lack of credit that's the problem, it's getting myself motivated to do it. ;) I'll get around to it one day.

Trust me you don't want a credit card just for shopping online. It is too damn easy to f#ck up with, you are much better off going with a prepaid cash-card and only using what you have on it. It is also safer because if someone hacks in and steals the card they can only get at what you have on said card and can't slam your credit card for $5000 USD

CelticRose

Postby CelticRose » Mon May 25, 2009 5:28 pm

alin0s wrote:
CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:
CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:

No, I haven't.

Trust me you don't want a credit card just for shopping online. It is too damn easy to f#ck up with, you are much better off going with a prepaid cash-card and only using what you have on it. It is also safer because if someone hacks in and steals the card they can only get at what you have on said card and can't slam your credit card for $5000 USD

Well, I agree that credit cards can get you into trouble -- that's why I've never applied for one. However, I've had a credit line for overdraft protection on my checking account for ages, and I've learned to use that responsibly. Also, I've taken a bookkeeping course and for a short while worked as an accounting clerk and had to manage the company's credit cards. I have no trouble managing my money.

Actually, if someone hacks into or otherwise steals your card, by law you're only liable for the first $50 of fradulent charges. Many credit card companies won't even charge you that.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon May 25, 2009 5:31 pm

CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:
CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:
CelticRose wrote:
alin0s wrote:

No, I haven't.

Well, I agree that credit cards can get you into trouble -- that's why I've never applied for one. However, I've had a credit line for overdraft protection on my checking account for ages, and I've learned to use that responsibly. Also, I've taken a bookkeeping course and for a short while worked as an accounting clerk and had to manage the company's credit cards. I have no trouble managing my money.

Actually, if someone hacks into or otherwise steals your card, by law you're only liable for the first $50 of fradulent charges. Many credit card companies won't even charge you that.

True on the new law, when was that brought in. I forgot, but before that law credit cards could get pretty grizzly.

CelticRose

Postby CelticRose » Tue May 26, 2009 12:07 am

alin0s wrote:
CelticRose wrote:Well, I agree that credit cards can get you into trouble -- that's why I've never applied for one. However, I've had a credit line for overdraft protection on my checking account for ages, and I've learned to use that responsibly. Also, I've taken a bookkeeping course and for a short while worked as an accounting clerk and had to manage the company's credit cards. I have no trouble managing my money.

True on the new law, when was that brought in. I forgot, but before that law credit cards could get pretty grizzly.

The $50 thing has been around for some time. This new law that's just passed should make things a lot better, but you still have to watch them like a hawk. I had to protest quite a few bogus fees when I was managing company credit cards.

(Didn't get an email notification for this thread either. I'm going to have to check into things over here.)

batista.90
Disabilities: Asperger,autism,(f98.8)

Postby batista.90 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:07 am

alin0s wrote: Footed sleepers are one thing I miss about my little kid days.
http://www.theallinonecompany.co.uk/
try clicking create your own in front page :) anyways what i like to use at night http://www.seniorenmode.com/pflegeovera ... ma4687.php mostly because group home gets em on free and its warm and breaths :D
im aspie yay!:P

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:02 pm

batista.90 wrote:
alin0s wrote: Footed sleepers are one thing I miss about my little kid days.
http://www.theallinonecompany.co.uk/
try clicking create your own in front page :) anyways what i like to use at night http://www.seniorenmode.com/pflegeovera ... ma4687.php mostly because group home gets em on free and its warm and breaths :D

Meh, can't be bothered with "Normal" materials. *reaches for Neoprene wetsuit order form*
:lolfloor:

jumpsuitboy
Disabilities: Bipolar Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder

Postby jumpsuitboy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Oops, double form submission, editing.
Last edited by jumpsuitboy on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jumpsuitboy
Disabilities: Bipolar Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder

Postby jumpsuitboy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:24 pm

I REALLY can't thank you guys enough for being yourselves and sharing on this forum. Feeling like I'm the only one out there has caused me a lot of pain in my life.

As you can see by my name, I do have just a little bit of an... all consuming obsession with one piece clothing. Jumpsuits, overalls, bodysuits, rompers, coveralls, footed pajamas, flightsuits, etc. It's pretty much all I wear, I've gotten rid of most of my "normal" clothing, because I just don't wear it. When I wear pants or shorts, I feel like I want to die. When I'm wearing jumpsuits, I love myself and the world.

It's been this way since I can remember, and has been the single strongest driving force in my life. When I outgrew my footed pajamas as a kid, I was so upset my mom cut the feet off and I'd wear them too small anyway. I had a pair of red corduroy overalls that I wore until the seams split. I got into surfing so I'd have a reason for my parents to buy me a wetsuit. I went to Space Camp mostly for the opportunity to wear a flightsuit (and be strapped into the 5 point harness of the simulators). I joined the wrestling team to get myself a singlet, then quit. I've got a million examples.

I just found out about my Autism and Sensory Processing disorders now, at 32. I've been obsessed all my life, and I've been hiding in shame, ostracized, ridiculed, and generally made to feel like a freak of nature because of it. Come to find out the same items I was making makeshift are the recommended treatment for a disorder that I have. How many doctors did I tell my specific symptoms to again? Whatever, can't live in the past.

I'd love to go into the hows and whys of why I like the jumpsuits, but I've got to go to the hospital. Not doing too well, and I don't want it to become a problem.

CelticRose

Postby CelticRose » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:13 am

Welcome to the forum, jumpsuitboy, and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Society stinks, doesn't it? So what if you want to wear one-piece clothing all the time? What should it matter to anybody?

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:48 am

jumpsuitboy wrote:I REALLY can't thank you guys enough for being yourselves and sharing on this forum. Feeling like I'm the only one out there has caused me a lot of pain in my life.

As you can see by my name, I do have just a little bit of an... all consuming obsession with one piece clothing. Jumpsuits, overalls, bodysuits, rompers, coveralls, footed pajamas, flightsuits, etc. It's pretty much all I wear, I've gotten rid of most of my "normal" clothing, because I just don't wear it. When I wear pants or shorts, I feel like I want to die. When I'm wearing jumpsuits, I love myself and the world.

It's been this way since I can remember, and has been the single strongest driving force in my life. When I outgrew my footed pajamas as a kid, I was so upset my mom cut the feet off and I'd wear them too small anyway. I had a pair of red corduroy overalls that I wore until the seams split. I got into surfing so I'd have a reason for my parents to buy me a wetsuit. I went to Space Camp mostly for the opportunity to wear a flightsuit (and be strapped into the 5 point harness of the simulators). I joined the wrestling team to get myself a singlet, then quit. I've got a million examples.

I just found out about my Autism and Sensory Processing disorders now, at 32. I've been obsessed all my life, and I've been hiding in shame, ostracized, ridiculed, and generally made to feel like a freak of nature because of it. Come to find out the same items I was making makeshift are the recommended treatment for a disorder that I have. How many doctors did I tell my specific symptoms to again? Whatever, can't live in the past.

I'd love to go into the hows and whys of why I like the jumpsuits, but I've got to go to the hospital. Not doing too well, and I don't want it to become a problem.

i love wetsuits and harnesses heheh

Return to “Sensory Integration Disorder”