Clothing that helps you relax!

This forum is here to discuss sensory integration disorder and different ways of coping with it.
alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Clothing that helps you relax!

Postby alin0s » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:48 am

That is me and my birthday present I got on sunday. I got two big presents, shown above is the one I love the most. It's warm, It's tight, and it's comforting for me. It makes me so relaxed.

The texture is very very very smooth and warm and it gets sticky really quick. It's got a little lining but that also gets sticky quick too. But the outside, I love kissing the sticky warm smoothskin Neoprene. I couldn't wear it yesterday because of an ulcer on my G-Tube site has to heal. But mom still gave it to me. and I still fell asleep much better because I could put it on top of me and feel the warm Neoprene stick to my skin, which felt really good, another thing I did was wrapped my head in the warm sticky neoprene and inhaled the Neoprene smell, I couldnt inhale much before the Neoprene sucked down tightly on my face and even sunk into my wide open eyes. I know it sounds weird but that feeling was really relaxing.

I am in the hospital right now and am hopefully getting out tomorrow! Hopefully I can have my Neoprene shirt tomorrow night!

Do any of you have a certain "clothing" item that is extremely relaxing to you?

What do you do with this item that helps you relax?

What material is the item made of? (if you didn't already explain)
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Sartresue
Disabilities: CAPD, Dyspraxia, AS

Re: Clothing that helps you relax!

Postby Sartresue » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:21 pm

Perry Como clothing/fabrics topic

Sorry to hear you are in hospital, Alin0s. It is only good if you need it, and obviously you do.

Your shirt is snazzy. I have always like soft cottony flannelette, for bedsheets and clothing. Fleece is nice, too, as it is warm and cozy.

I am going to the store now to see if i can get more of this stuff. (I buy it secondhand to save money.) I will be back.! :mrgreen:

I am back, now. The time is 7:10 pm. I picked up some soft pillowcases, a pair of soft jeans, and a pair of soft shoes. Everything must be soft. :xD: I wish clouds were as soft as they look--just water vapour, like fog.
Last edited by Sartresue on Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:26 pm

Sartresue wrote:Perry Como clothing/fabrics topic

Sorry to hear you are in hospital, Alin0s. It is only good if you need it, and obviously you do.

Your shirt is snazzy. I have always like soft cottony flannelette, for bedsheets and clothing. Fleece is nice, too, as it is warm and cozy.

I am going to the store now to see if i can get more of this stuff. (I buy it secondhand to save money.) I will be back.! :mrgreen:

I have no idea what flanelette is but I do know fleece is kinda nice. But there is nothing better than the synthetic's to me lol. For some people they complain its all too sticky sweaty and hot, I love all three things.

nicky
Disabilities: Aspergers, OCD, Diabetes, Asthma, ankle/leg problems

Postby nicky » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:57 pm

i like warm and soft stuff... the softer, the better. by boss has this blanket that i really love... i'll have to look and see what it's made of next time i'm there. i have an acrylic shirt that i really like. and.. u know those reeeaaallly soft scarves that get little pieces of stuff all over everything?? XD
i really like how they feel.. but i don't like wearing them, cause it's messy... >_<

but i have like... 20 rolls of super soft yarn, like they use to make them. i donno what i'm gonna use them for, but i couldn't resist buying them.. XD

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:00 pm

Nicky!

I like your shirt that's in your avatar! It looks like it's nylon. I love nylon, it's soft and warm. Take more pics, does that shirt relax you?

nicky

Postby nicky » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:18 pm

alin0s wrote:Nicky!

I like your shirt that's in your avatar! It looks like it's nylon. I love nylon, it's soft and warm. Take more pics, does that shirt relax you?

i'm not sure what it is, because the tag's cut off... most of the tags on my clothes are cut off.. cause tags bother me. i think it might be polyester, though. it's really not very soft and it doesn't relax me... 100% cotton relaxes me a lot more. i have this one shirt that's 100% cotton, that's baggy on me.. it's soooo comfortable. i sleep in it sometimes.

also, i have these socks.. they're sooooooo soft!! but.. i don't remember what they're made of, either.. >_< i have to wear them in-side-out, though.. like i do all my socks, cept toe socks... cause seams bother my toes. i've worn my socks in-side-out ever since i was really little. lol.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:20 pm

100% cotton? ok.. I guess. Cotton is bleh to me, does not do squat for me.

Jaysonlee4

Postby Jaysonlee4 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:56 am

Tags drive me nuts to! errr had a problem with that earlier tonight. Thats really cool though alin,,looks good on you. clothes are a constant problem for me. I dont like things that are too loose, or too tight or the wrong yucky feeling material. sweat material is really hot but I like it none the less. Also like footed sleepers. my favorite one is red and has racecars all over it.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:06 am

Jaysonlee4 wrote:Tags drive me nuts to! errr had a problem with that earlier tonight. Thats really cool though alin,,looks good on you. clothes are a constant problem for me. I dont like things that are too loose, or too tight or the wrong yucky feeling material. sweat material is really hot but I like it none the less. Also like footed sleepers. my favorite one is red and has racecars all over it.

Tags drive me nuts too, thankfully the one in my Neoprene is the kind thats like etched into the material. Thanks, A lot of people tell me my Neoprene looks good on me. I think because it forces me to smile. Neoprene just does that to me.

Clothing is a problem for me since a lot of stuff is not the right material for me or is too loose. I don't mind tight. I might one day switch my entire wardrobe to Spandex and Neoprene. Spandex for the summer and Neoprene for the winter. If you think sweat material is hot just try wearing Neoprene! Footed sleepers are one thing I miss about my little kid days.

nicky

Postby nicky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:57 pm

alin0s wrote: Footed sleepers are one thing I miss about my little kid days.

i don't remember ever wearing footed sleepers when i was a kid.... i slept in satin night gowns. :D

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:14 pm

nicky wrote:
alin0s wrote: Footed sleepers are one thing I miss about my little kid days.

i don't remember ever wearing footed sleepers when i was a kid.... i slept in satin night gowns. :D

Grrr, you lucky punk! Satin is such an awesome material. So smooth and silky. :D

CelticRose
Disabilities: rheumatoid arthritis

Postby CelticRose » Sun May 24, 2009 4:25 am

I love to wear anything that's 100% cotton. :) Cotton is to CelticRose as neoprene is to Alin. ;) I've got some cotton sweaters that I wear to work that hug me, especially my upper arms, so I get a stim off them all day. :D

I always remove tags from my clothing -- I can't stand them. Fortunately, NTs aren't too fond of them either, so more and more manufacturers are making tagless clothing. :boogie:

I don't like anything on my feet. As soon as I get home I kick off my shoes. Even at work, I'll kick off my shoes and sit cross-legged in my chair. ;)
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

Be yourself no matter what they say. - Sting

My blog: http://rainbowpincushion.blogspot.com/

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Sun May 24, 2009 11:17 am

CelticRose wrote:I love to wear anything that's 100% cotton. :) Cotton is to CelticRose as neoprene is to Alin. ;) I've got some cotton sweaters that I wear to work that hug me, especially my upper arms, so I get a stim off them all day. :D

I always remove tags from my clothing -- I can't stand them. Fortunately, NTs aren't too fond of them either, so more and more manufacturers are making tagless clothing. :boogie:

I don't like anything on my feet. As soon as I get home I kick off my shoes. Even at work, I'll kick off my shoes and sit cross-legged in my chair. ;)

Cotton is ok but it's definitely not a stim for me.

Yes I get a lot of tagless clothing especially in my ultrasilk polyester stuff that I use because it is better for my pressure ulcer and sweating issue.

I don't like having anything on my feet either unless it is tight.

CelticRose

Postby CelticRose » Sun May 24, 2009 4:08 pm

The dryer ate one of my sweaters today. :mad: :( I'll have to go clothes shopping this week -- not my favorite chore.
Be who you are & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter & those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

CelticRose

Postby CelticRose » Sun May 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Weird! When I was posting the reply, the site flashed a huge picture of you for a nanosecond. You using subliminal messages there, dude? ;)

Return to “Sensory Integration Disorder”