How do you feel about your disabilities?

Talk about anything that has at least something to do with disabilities and disabled life. Other unrelated discussion belongs in the Random Discussion forum
alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:54 pm

eScential wrote:
alin0s wrote:
eScential wrote:I saw a blog about Hitler having AS and gave a thougt to AS ruling the world. I hope we always have neurodiversity.

Ok, then hows about we eliminate NT's. Cerebral Palsy is a neurodiversifying thingy remember that! SMA is a neurodiversifying thingy too!

I don't want to eliminate anyone. I WANT neurodiversity to be here forever.
I wouldn't trust AS ruling anymore than any group with power over different types of persons.
It seems like human nature to want division: 'us and them' and get rid of 'them'
We would be the same way, intolerant. Maybe worse.
We do things we can't tolerate. (I rock and can't stand others rocking because it distracts me)
Without tolerance anyone can be made an enemy.
With tolerance, everyone has something to add to society.
even the NT's :lol:

The tolerant NT's are ok. It's the jerks i want to get rid of. I want neurodiversity too.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

eScential
Disabilities: Asperger's Autism

Postby eScential » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:55 pm

I stop watching a thread when I found Strapples being attacked on WrongPlanet forums. I don't know any background and don't want to know. I won't stick around for interactions like that. As they make me feel sad and frustrated and helpless. So I stopped watching that thread.

(message consolidated by alin0s)
KarmanElektrik
ASD

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:05 pm

eScential wrote:I stop watching a thread when I found Strapples being attacked on WrongPlanet forums. I don't know any background and don't want to know. I won't stick around for interactions like that. As they make me feel sad and frustrated and helpless. So I stopped watching that thread.

(message consolidated by alin0s)

I don't stick around for that trash either. The minute I get attacked I hit "stop watching this thread." It is indeed a very useful button!

RCM

Re: How do you feel about your disabilities?

Postby RCM » Fri May 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Personally I feel great about mine! I know some people that hate them!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Fri May 23, 2008 9:43 pm

RCM wrote:Personally I feel great about mine! I know some people that hate them!

I know a LOT of people who hate their disabilities. I love mine, even the disease I have that makes me unable to walk and will take my arm control too.

RCM

Postby RCM » Fri May 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Will take your arm control? How are you going to come on here and post anymore :(

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Fri May 23, 2008 10:35 pm

RCM wrote:Will take your arm control? How are you going to come on here and post anymore :(

Voice control. Or Eye control system like mobiletobii uses. Ask him what its like. Its freaking cool!

RCM

Postby RCM » Fri May 23, 2008 10:40 pm

That's cool! Just don't ban yourself again :lol:

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Fri May 23, 2008 10:45 pm

RCM wrote:That's cool! Just don't ban yourself again :lol:

Hahaha, you saw the banned myself thread. :D

RCM

Postby RCM » Fri May 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Yep! I've done that before, only problem was, there were no other mods or admins to unban me!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Fri May 23, 2008 10:48 pm

RCM wrote:Yep! I've done that before, only problem was, there were no other mods or admins to unban me!

EEK!!! So I suppose you lost the board? Or were you able to get tech support to go into the server and unban you using the MYSQL admin tool. Since this is hosted on my server I could have unbanned myself by going into the MYSQL tables and unbanning myself but that takes a lot of patience to dig through all the MYSQL code.

RCM

Postby RCM » Fri May 23, 2008 10:52 pm

I had to delete EVERYTHING and start over, stupid me for not making a backup!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm

RCM wrote:I had to delete EVERYTHING and start over, stupid me for not making a backup!

Do you have your own server?

RCM

Postby RCM » Fri May 23, 2008 11:11 pm

No.

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Fri May 23, 2008 11:12 pm

RCM wrote:No.

I have one. Not in my house, but under my control.

Return to “General Disability Discussion”