Cybernetic Nerves

Talk about anything that has at least something to do with disabilities and disabled life. Other unrelated discussion belongs in the Random Discussion forum
Philosopherboi
Disabilities: Scoliosis, Dystonia, Autism

Cybernetic Nerves

Postby Philosopherboi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:01 pm

I was thinking cybernetic nerves might be something that should be looked into, to replace failed nerves in an affected parts of the body. I mean why should someone settle for having parts of their bodies disabled when cybernetic nerves could be put in to replace those nerves.

Anyways what do you think about the potential of cybernetic nerves?

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Cybernetic Nerves

Postby alin0s » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Before I can create a further opinion we need to know what type of nerves. Body parts have two types, sensory nerves and motor nerves.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Philosopherboi
Disabilities: Scoliosis, Dystonia, Autism

Postby Philosopherboi » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 pm

alin0s wrote:Before I can create a further opinion we need to know what type of nerves. Body parts have two types, sensory nerves and motor nerves.

Why not both, since without both a body part will not work properly. I mean have you ever tried to walk when your foot is asleep? I know you don't walk anymore but when you did walk.

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:22 am

Replacement of nerves at the site is not possible, let alone replacement of a spinal cord. The reason is it would be like trying to require trillions of tiny wires even smaller than a nanometer.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Return to “General Disability Discussion”