Who do you get along with better

Talk about anything that has at least something to do with disabilities and disabled life. Other unrelated discussion belongs in the Random Discussion forum

Do you get along better with males or females?

Male
38%
Female
25%
Both
38%

Total votes: 8

RCM

Who do you get along with better

Postby RCM » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:48 pm

So do you get along better with males, or females, I usually get along better with females, don't know why, they seem to care more for me then guys do!

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Who do you get along with better

Postby alin0s » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:52 pm

I definitely get along better with females in both the normal and disabled. But I do not get along well with normal guys.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:50 pm

alin0s wrote:I definitely get along better with females in both the normal and disabled. But I do not get along well with normal guys.

Yeah, I usually don't get along with normal guys either, just disabled ones! There's a few cases that I do get along with normal guys, but I've known them for years!

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:53 pm

RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:I definitely get along better with females in both the normal and disabled. But I do not get along well with normal guys.

Yeah, I usually don't get along with normal guys either, just disabled ones! There's a few cases that I do get along with normal guys, but I've known them for years!

For some reason when it comes to normal guys. I only get along good with squishy guys. SInce most have learned to accept people for who they are because of their weight.

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:54 pm

alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:

For some reason when it comes to normal guys. I only get along good with squishy guys. SInce most have learned to accept people for who they are because of their weight.

yeah, but with me, I really don't care how big and squishy they are, it just really depends on the person, and wether they are nice to me and accept the fact that I have trouble with some things!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:57 pm

RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:

yeah, but with me, I really don't care how big and squishy they are, it just really depends on the person, and wether they are nice to me and accept the fact that I have trouble with some things!

I am just saying, that with the big squishy guys they tend to on average, at least for the people I know. Be nicer people. My theory is that with their weight they are made fun of a lot, so they decide to be more caring and understanding.

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:46 pm

alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:

I am just saying, that with the big squishy guys they tend to on average, at least for the people I know. Be nicer people. My theory is that with their weight they are made fun of a lot, so they decide to be more caring and understanding.

That's very well possible Alin, I know when I was younger I was teased alot :( and look at me now, I'm happy and active!

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:56 pm

RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:

That's very well possible Alin, I know when I was younger I was teased alot :( and look at me now, I'm happy and active!

What were you teased for? You are skinny as a rail :lol:

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:13 pm

alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:

What were you teased for? You are skinny as a rail :lol:

LOL :lolfloor: Not for being skinny, I was teased for how I walk, AND how I acted when I was real young :mad:

krex
Disabilities: Aspergers, depression, anxiety, sensory intigration disorder, auditory processing disorder, executive dysfunction, dyslexia and possibly ADD and dyspraxia <---not DXed, some traits

Postby krex » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Females have always disliked me. Guys seem to get along better with me because I am less emotional and like to analyse things and have always been a tomboy and liked climbing trees, collecting bugs and rocks.

If there had been an optional for it, I would have chosen furry animals though. The ones I work with really, really like me. I have never had such enthusiasm from people who more or less just seem to tolerate me, not like me.
An autistic is no more a broken NT then a bird is a broken fish.

deathchibi

Postby deathchibi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:00 am

i dont reallly notic gender unless comes up in discussion. so i get along with some of both :D

pakrat
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Dysthymia, Avoidant Personality.

Postby pakrat » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:19 am

In real life, I tend to feel more awkward around females than around males, especially younger males and I find it easier to get along with people with AS. With other women, there often is a lot of competition.

Candice

Postby Candice » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:26 pm

I get along better with men in that women don't stop talking and some times you can't get a word in. Were as most men listen to me. NT's anyway. I did have a bf that was attention deficit. Sometimes he would tell me to shut up. He didnt have a very long attention span or frustration tolerance. Most men I find are really good listeners. Some women too but mostly I find men are easier to talk to and they dont do that bitchy snobby thing.
I have also found other women to be extremely jealous even when it comes to being friends with other females.
I have to admitt though I really dont like arrogant men or when they act smart ass and really immature. They think they are cool but I find them unattractive.

Return to “General Disability Discussion”