Ever been teased...

Talk about anything that has at least something to do with disabilities and disabled life. Other unrelated discussion belongs in the Random Discussion forum
alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Ever been teased...

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 11:28 pm

RCM wrote:I tried posting a reply to this before it seems to have disappeared for some reason, but I highly agree, although we probably will never leave the US, that's OK with me though.

I can waltz right out of the US and right into the UK any time. I have EU citizenship by birthright from being born in Romania. So :P I get to go to the UK!
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

RCM

Postby RCM » Fri May 23, 2008 9:44 pm

I kinda like when people stare at me, but only if I know WHY they are staring at me in the first place

deathchibi

Postby deathchibi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:37 pm

well i use to have a book that i wrote in when i got bullied, it was about 270-307 pages thick.

i took it to school and my main bully stole all my books then dunked them in the toilet :evil:
it became illegibal

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 pm

deathchibi wrote:well i use to have a book that i wrote in when i got bullied, it was about 270-307 pages thick.

i took it to school and my main bully stole all my books then dunked them in the toilet :evil:
it became illegibal

Awww! that's not nice! Did you ever tell anyone about this, I know I had a hard time dealing with it when I was younger, I always went into meltdowns after I got teased! :|

deathchibi

Postby deathchibi » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:50 pm

my counselour, but i dant think she belived me. :|

RCM

Postby RCM » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:47 pm

It's her job to help you! If she doesn't believe you, let your mom know about it!

LostInEmulation
Disabilities: Impaired vision, Asperger syndrome

Postby LostInEmulation » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:35 pm

I often got teased because of my glasses by stupid people, who have no empathy! I guess it was better when I still used contact lenses (they started making my eyes hurt), but it was pretty impossible to explain to people that even with glasses, my vision is still crappy. :wall:
It's gonna be the future soon / and I won't always be this way / when the things that make me weak / and strange get engineered away (Jonathan Coulton - The Future Soon)

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:37 pm

That is hard, It is even harder being in a wheelchair but I just tell them fsck you.
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

Jaysonlee4

Postby Jaysonlee4 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:49 pm

Jayson>>types while shoveling pizza into his mouth.

im with you alin...though I think if I had a dollar for all the times Ive been made fun of Id have alot more the $10,000...then again, Im older..lol Like RCM, i have meltdowns after people mess with me and it messes the rest of my day up. Also like you Alin, I have had several people say that Im "ok" and have no problems at all...that they are just in my "head." I suppose in a way they are right as my brain constitutes part of my head.

deathchibi

Postby deathchibi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:01 am

RCM wrote:It's her job to help you! If she doesn't believe you, let your mom know about it!

i did and changed counselour/ multi counselours but still being bounced around(asin being transfered to other doctors. :wall: :evil: )

Ryn
Disabilities: High Functioning Autism, Sensory Integration Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Social Phobia, Depression, Asthma, Gastrointestinal issues

Postby Ryn » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 am

I didn't know what it was they were teasing me about, but I've been made fun of for the stuff that happens to me. Especially meltdowns. Oh, and when I was very depressed and was hurting myself (a long time ago) Mom laughed at me. It was awful. :cry:

harvester52
Site Admin
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Gender Dysphoria, Severe Dysmorphia, Premie Tendons, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Postural Kyphosis, Osteoarthritis, Asthma

Postby harvester52 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:15 am

I got teased all the time in school (thank Gods I'm graduated). I got teased about my awkward gait, the way I dressed and acted. That was what forced me to move to my dad's by the time I was in eighth grade. I'll leave it at that because telling stories about it only gets me down.

-BC

pakrat
Disabilities: Asperger's Syndrome, Dysthymia, Avoidant Personality.

Postby pakrat » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:51 am

It really peeves me off when others say I am not trying hard enough. Hard enough for them or hard enough for me? At least I know now I'm not simply being lazy and there is a reason I struggle with tasks like making a phone call or talking to a stranger or doing housework or planning meals.

Calico
Disabilities: Diagnosed with autism in my early childhood and then it was turned to "autistic behavior" due to having hearing loss.

Diagnosed with ADD and dyspraxia and Sensory Integration(sp) Dysfunction when I was a kid

Diagnosed with anxiety and depression along with Aspergers in 6th grade.

I also have a learning disability and cognitive problems.

Postby Calico » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:49 pm

I was teased for the way I talked and kids thought I was less intelligent and stupid and I learned to pick on them back. It would piss them off.
There's no crying in baseball
Take me home mama and put me to bed

superboyian
Disabilities: High-Functioning Autism and Might have Dyscalculia

Postby superboyian » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:20 pm

I was teased for being different and autistic back where I used to live, which totally sucked.... I have to say, it has actually developed me to become more tough in some ways. :D

Return to “General Disability Discussion”