Ever been teased...

Talk about anything that has at least something to do with disabilities and disabled life. Other unrelated discussion belongs in the Random Discussion forum
RCM

Ever been teased...

Postby RCM » Mon May 19, 2008 5:08 pm

Anyone else around here been teased or bullied because of being disabled, I have and it upsets me sometimes!

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Re: Ever been teased...

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 6:19 pm

RCM wrote:Anyone else around here been teased or bullied because of being disabled, I have and it upsets me sometimes!

Oh boy, this is probably the biggest problem with my disabilities. Having people call me a fake, having people say that I am just too lazy to walk. I am sick of it. In certain areas its better, and in certain countries its better, like take for example in the UK, they are much more accepting of disabilities there.

There is not much we can do about it unless we relocate to a better society.

But one hot pot for baddies is the United States, it seems as though a lot of people here even though the ADA laws exist still do not accept people with disabilities. And it really PISSES me off!

If I had a dollar for every time someone gave me problems in my life, I would have at least 10,000 dollars.

:evil:
check out my website at http://www.alinssite.info

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon May 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Yeah, I hate it too, what's more annoying is when other people join in and I go into a tantrum, that's the point you should, run away at! 8O

alin0s
Site Admin
Disabilities: Cerebral Palsy, Rett Syndrome, Classic Autism High Functioning, Sensory Integration/Processing Disorder, Dyspraxic Spasticity, Severe Spasticity, Scheurmann's kyphosis, Scoliosis, Rotoscoliosis, Hip rotation, Leg length discrepancy, Severely hypotonic trunk/arms/neck, Hypertonic legs & hips, Intractible Epilepsy, Intractible Pain Disorder, Communication Disabilities

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 6:38 pm

RCM wrote:Yeah, I hate it too, what's more annoying is when other people join in and I go into a tantrum, that's the point you should, run away at! 8O

I get so mad I tend to throttle up my powerchair to max and just really lunge at them. 400 pound wheelchair + 100 pound me = 500 pounds. Usually I scare them away, since "I" am so much heavier than them. That is unless they would like some really DEEP pressure therapy. ;)

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon May 19, 2008 6:40 pm

You want to know what I really want to do? Make it so they are disabled for a day like us, then they would see just how hard we have it, I say get rid of all the normal people! Disabled people are more normal then people that aren't. :D

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 6:51 pm

RCM wrote:You want to know what I really want to do? Make it so they are disabled for a day like us, then they would see just how hard we have it, I say get rid of all the normal people! Disabled people are more normal then people that aren't. :D

That would be fun. Lots of people in powerchairs. Lots of powerchairs to fix and study. And lots of other cool interesting medical things. :D

I say we make the entire world have Cerebral Palsy and Autism. And we shall call it CPAEarth.

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon May 19, 2008 6:54 pm

alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:You want to know what I really want to do? Make it so they are disabled for a day like us, then they would see just how hard we have it, I say get rid of all the normal people! Disabled people are more normal then people that aren't. :D

That would be fun. Lots of people in powerchairs. Lots of powerchairs to fix and study. And lots of other cool interesting medical things. :D

I say we make the entire world have Cerebral Palsy and Autism. And we shall call it CPAEarth.

Then it would literally be a Disabled Planet :xD: Stupid pun I know. lol

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 7:04 pm

RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:

Then it would literally be a Disabled Planet :xD: Stupid pun I know. lol

Indeed, and then the entire world of people with computers can come on this site. How would that sound 4 billion members.

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon May 19, 2008 7:06 pm

Could you imagine how many servers this site would need with that many members! 8O

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 7:08 pm

RCM wrote:Could you imagine how many servers this site would need with that many members! 8O

Yeah, this site would have to have half of the entire internets servers.

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon May 19, 2008 7:11 pm

Yeah, we take every server except the last.fm server and somehow join them together :mrgreen:

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 7:16 pm

RCM wrote:Yeah, we take every server except the last.fm server and somehow join them together :mrgreen:

What about google.com I would keep google for searching DIsabled Planets data. I think we would just take half of every server on the internet.

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon May 19, 2008 7:19 pm

alin0s wrote:
RCM wrote:Yeah, we take every server except the last.fm server and somehow join them together :mrgreen:

What about google.com I would keep google for searching DIsabled Planets data. I think we would just take half of every server on the internet.

Probably a good idea...anyway lets try and get this thread back on track it's gone way off topic lol

alin0s
Site Admin

Postby alin0s » Mon May 19, 2008 7:25 pm

RCM wrote:
alin0s wrote:

Probably a good idea...anyway lets try and get this thread back on track it's gone way off topic lol

Uhm... Well, I think the UK in my opinion is the best place for people with disabilities. High acceptance, great medical care, great accessibility. Its a good country.

RCM

Postby RCM » Mon May 19, 2008 8:21 pm

I tried posting a reply to this before it seems to have disappeared for some reason, but I highly agree, although we probably will never leave the US, that's OK with me though.

Return to “General Disability Discussion”